Cornbread Bundt Dressing is homemade and baked in a Bundt pan.
It is moist inside, crusty outside and loaded with savory flavor.
EDITOR’S NOTE (November 22, 2021): Be sure to check out my dressing in baked in a baking dish. Text edited to make it more concise. Added six new photos.
DISCLAIMER (NOT SPONSORED): I have not been paid to endorse pictured products. Delighted to share the ingredients I purchased and used to make this delicious recipe.
All comments are my own.
THE CRANBERRY SAUCE
Canned cream of chicken soup is good in Cornbread Bundt Dressing.
If you prefer homemade, check out my Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup.
CORNBREAD: A KEY INGREDIENT
My Homemade Self-Rising Cornbread is excellent in this recipe.
Homemade Self-Rising Cornbread turned upside down to display the thoroughly baked bottom crust.
Generously grease a 12-cup Bundt pan with shortening to prevent sticking. This will help the bottom and sides thoroughly bake… which creates a firm, delicious crust.
HOW TO KEEP A FIRM BUNDT SHAPE
Do not drizzle Cornbread Bundt Dressing with gravy because the liquid will soften the shape and cause it to collapse.
A much better alternative is to simply drizzle each serving with your preferred gravy.
THE BACK STORY
The first time I posted this recipe was in November 2017 and it was named Million Dollar Cornbread Dressing.
I changed the name to Cornbread Bundt Dressing to more accurately describe the creative presentation.
My precious aunt taught me how to make her amazing cornbread dressing. After the very first bite, I had to have her recipe. It was THAT good.
Aunt Betty’s dressing is very moist with lots of savory flavor. She never measures the ingredients.
When I asked for the recipe, she replied: “I must be showed and not told.
I wrote detailed notes as I watched her prepare the dressing and listened to her detailed instructions.
1. Added shredded chicken to the batter.
2. Baked the dressing in a Bundt pan/
3. Placed a small bowl of Homemade Cranberry Sauce or chunky
Pineapple Cranberry Sauce in the center of the dressing.
Be sure to check out my Jalapeno Cornbread Bundt Dressing.
Calories and nutritional information not included with recipes on this site.
A popular online nutritional calculator is myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
Cornbread Bundt Dressing
- 3-1/2 cups baked cornbread, coarsely crumbled Use Homemade Self-Rising Cornbread recipe.
- 2 biscuits, baked and coarsely crumbled Or use two slices of wheat bread torn into small pieces.
- 1-1/2 cups shredded chicken (white or dark meat) Baked, boiled or rotisserie chicken.
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth canned or homemade
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup canned or homemade
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk, divided Use only 3 tablespoons. Save remainder for another use.
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons ground sage Use more or less as preferred.
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh celery, chopped (optional)
- shortening to grease bundt pan
- cranberry sauce for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large bowl, thoroughly combine crumbled cornbread, crumbled biscuits (or bread slices) and shredded chicken. Set aside.
- In medium sized saucepan, combine chicken broth, condensed cream of mushroom soup, condensed cream of chicken soup, and onions. Simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Stir constantly. NOTE: If using Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup, add 1-1/4 cups.
- Pour warm mixture over bread crumbs and chicken. Add 3 tablespoons of evaporated milk, beaten eggs, ground sage, ground black pepper, salt, and chopped celery (if using).
- Stir until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Generously grease 12-cup bundt pan with shortening. Do not use vegetable oil because the crust will stick to the pan.
- Place greased bundt pan in preheated HOT oven for 5 minutes OR until shortening sizzles. Preheating helps crust to thoroughly bake.
- Carefully remove HOT bundt pan from oven. Pour in batter. Return to HOT oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375. Bake 20-25 minutes OR until edges turn "dark brown" and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Cool at least 10 minutes. Place plate on top of bundt pan. Flip over. Tap to release.
- Bundt shape should be firm and outside should be crusty. Garnish by placing a small bowl of cranberry sauce in center (optional).
- Slice with a serrated knife.
- Do not pour hot gravy or chicken stock over Cornbread Bundt Dressing because liquids will soften the shape and cause it to slump.
- Drizzle each warm or hot serving with hot gravy or chicken stock.