Zesty Italian Mixed Vegetables are uniquely delicious thanks to a splash of creative seasonings.
Easy to make with simple ingredients.
Serve as a side dish with a favorite meal or holiday dinner.
CLICK HERE TO PIN ON PINTEREST.
EDITOR’S NOTE (September 30, 2022): Posted the original recipe as Mixed Vegetables on January 23, 2020. Today, I changed the name to Zesty Italian Mixed Vegetables to match the new and improved recipe.DISCLAIMER (NOT SPONSORED): I have not been paid to endorse pictured products.Delighted to share the ingredients I purchased and used to make this delicious side dish. All comments are my own.
One tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, one 6-ounce package of Zesty Italian Salad Dressing, Dried Thyme Leaves (optional). Salt and coarse ground black pepper are optional (not pictured). Continued below.
Pour rinsed vegetables into a medium saucepan.
Cover with water. Bring to a boil.
Simmer for three minutes over high heat.
Thoroughly drain water. Keep vegetables in the saucepan.
TURN OFF HEAT
Add one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and one tablespoon of Zesty Italian Salad Dressing Mix. Toss until evenly combined.
For extra flavor, season Zesty Italian Mixed Vegetables with these optional ingredients: salt, coarse ground black pepper and dried thyme leaves.
Excellent on a Meatless Monday with a slice of Homemade Self-Rising Cornbread.
To obtain calories and nutritional information by weight, visit popular online nutritional calculator, myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
Zesty Italian Mixed Vegetables
- 1 package (12- ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- water for boiling
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Zesty Italian Salad Dressing Mix From one 6-ounce package.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves optional
- salt to taste optional
- coarse ground black pepper to taste optional
- Rinse frozen mixed vegetables in warm water.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Pour rinsed mixed vegetables into a medium saucepan.
- Cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Boil 3 minutes. Drain thoroughly. Turn heat off. Keep mixed vegetables in the saucepan.
- Add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and one tablespoon of Zesty Italian Salad Dressing Mix. Toss until evenly combined.
- Taste a cooled sample.
- If desired, add another teaspoon full of Zesty Italian Salad Dressing.
- If desired, add 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme leaves, salt to taste, and coarse ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
2 thoughts on “Zesty Italian Mixed Vegetables”
Thank you. I was looking for a Chinese recipe without broccoli AND I was looking for ways to use huge bags of bird’s eye mixed veggies. I think it will be great with farm fresh eggs.
Hi Angela! Love the sound of farm fresh eggs. Thank you for visiting my blog. Please come again!
UPDATE (September 30, 2022)
Angela, delighted to share this new improved recipe