Homemade Maple Pancake Syrup is easy to make from scratch with simple and affordable ingredients.
Although Pure Maple Syrup tastes amazing, it’s also a bit pricey.
This homemade version is tasty and affordable.
Keep this recipe!
CLICK HERE TO PIN ON PINTEREST.
This recipe does not have corn syrup which is good news for individuals who cannot tolerate it for whatever reason.
A key ingredient is molasses. It thickens the syrup and makes it taste good.
Adjust sugar to your liking (or use a sugar substitute).
WHAT IS MAPLE SYRUP?
According to ParkersMaple.com, real maple syrup is a straight-from-nature product made with a super simple process. The sap is taken from a tapped maple tree and then boiled into a concentrated syrup. That simple!
Maple extract provides excellent flavoring in this recipe. Imitation maple flavoring will also work. It’s simply a matter of personal preference.
Maple extract is a natural ingredient taken from maple syrup.
Imitation maple flavor is manufactured by mixing natural and chemical ingredients to obtain maple flavor without getting it from a maple tree.
The natural process is more involved than the artificial process, which is why maple extract is more expensive than imitation maple flavor. Source: www.leaf-tv
Homemade Maple Pancake Syrup is delicious drizzled over Homemade Pancakes, Homemade Self-Rising Cornbread, 3-Ingredient Biscuits, Stovetop Mini Flapjacks, and Southern Fried Fish Sticks.
Homemade Maple Pancake Syrup
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon maple extract maple syrup or imitation maple flavor
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Place sugars and water in a medium sized saucepan. Stir constantly over medium heat until sugar mixture boils (about 5 minutes).
- Turn heat off. Let cool (syrup will thicken slightly). Add maple extract (or maple syrup), and molasses. Stir until evenly combined. Taste. Add more flavoring if desired.
- Pour cooled syrup into a lidded container. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Makes about 1 cup (plus a little more).