Watermelon Mint Salad is a cold side dish that’s easy to make with a few simple ingredients.
CLICK HERE TO PIN ON PINTEREST.
Please check back for link.
DISCLAIMER (NOT SPONSORED): I have not been paid to endorse pictured products.
Delighted to share the ingredients I purchased and used to make this delicious recipe.
All comments are my own.
The key ingredients are very cold (chilled) watermelon cut into squares and sprinkled with chopped fresh mint leaves.
To form watermelon balls, use an ice cream scoop to scoop watermelon from the rind.
FRESH MINT LEAVES
Extra-virgin olive oil and fresh lemon juice make a light, refreshing dressing.
If the watermelon has a mild sweetness, add 1/4 teaspoon of sugar to the dressing.
If the watermelon is sweet, omit the sugar. Consider adding 1/4 teaspoon of salt to enhance the flavor. This step is optional.
Whisk ingredients together until well combined. Pour over cold watermelon and chopped mint leaves before serving.
To obtain calories and nutritional information by weight, visit
popular online nutritional calculator myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
Watermelon Mint Salad
- 24 each cold watermelon, squares or balls Seeds removed.
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped Plus 8 whole mint leaves for garnish (optional).
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar (optional) Use salt if watermelon is very sweet
- 4 each lemon slices (optional) For garnish.
- Make sure watermelon is very cold and seeds have been removed... before cutting into balls or squares.
- Remove stems from fresh mint leaves before chopping.
- Place watermelon (balls or squares) and chopped fresh mint leaves into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- THE DRESSING: In a small bowl, whisk together extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice. If the watermelon has a mild sweetness, add 1/4 teaspoon of sugar to the dressing. If the watermelon is sweet, add 1/4 teaspoon of salt to the dressing. Both sugar and salt are optional.
- Place six watermelon (squares or balls) into 4 individual serving dishes. Add more watermelon if desired. Drizzle each serving with 1/2 teaspoon of dressing. Toss until evenly combined. NOTE: Or allow each person to add their preferred amount of dressing.
- Garnish each serving with a lemon slice (optional). Serve immediately.