Roasted Asparagus is a well-seasoned side dish with a pleasant flavor.
Quick and easy to make with a few ingredients.
Pairs well with my Roasted Spatchcock Herb Chicken.
DISCLAIMER (NOT SPONSORED): I have not been paid to endorse pictured products.
Delighted to share the ingredients I purchased and used to make this delicious recipe. All comments are my own.
Olive oil, coarse kosher salt and coarse ground black pepper.
Cut or snap off thick bottom of each spear.
Some spears will be thick while others will be thin.
Thin spears will roast in 9 to 10 minutes.
Thick ones will roast in 10 to 12 minutes.
Thoroughly rinse spears in warm water. Pat dry with paper towels.
HOW TO SEASON ASPARAGUS BEFORE ROASTING
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Arrange asparagus spears in a single layer in a large, ungreased baking pan.
Lightly drizzle with olive oil. Too much will cause them to become mushy in the oven.
Sprinkle on preferred amounts of coarse ground black pepper and kosher salt (or use regular salt).
Roasted Asparagus served with fresh lemon slices.
To obtain calories and nutritional information by weight, visit not popular online nutritional calculator is myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator. No need to type each ingredient.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- olive oil for drizzling
- kosher salt or regular salt
- coarse ground black pepper
- 12 each fresh lemon wedges (optional) for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut or snap off thick bottom of each spear.
- Gently rinse spears in warm water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Arrange spears in a single layer in a large ungreased baking pan.
- Lightly drizzle with olive oil. Too much will make the spears mushy.
- Season with preferred amounts of coarse ground black pepper and kosher salt (or use regular salt).
- Place in oven for 10 minutes. Carefully remove pan. Spears with thin stems will roast faster. Check for desired tenderness and remove.
- Return spears with thick bottoms to oven. Roast 2 to 3 more minutes. Will get mushy if left in oven too long.
- Serve hot. Garnish with fresh lemon slices (optional).