Jiffy Cornbread Muffins are hearty with a mild sweetness. Sugar is an optional ingredient.
These muffins are crusty outside and moist inside.
Easy to make with simple ingredients.
CLICK HERE TO PIN ON PINTEREST.
EDITOR’S NOTE (August 28, 2022): I posted this recipe for the first time June 9, 2018. Today, I updated the helpful tips to make them easier to understand.
DISCLAIMER (NOT SPONSORED): I have not been paid to endorse any pictured products
Delighted to share the ingredients I purchased and used to make this delicious recipe.
All comments are my own.
THE MAIN INGREDIENT
I keep several boxes of corn muffin mix in my pantry. Perfect substitute for flour.
MY INSPIRATION FOR THIS RECIPE
I developed this recipe over 20 years ago. I had made a batch of muffins using the recipe printed on a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix. They were not tasty in my humble opinion.
The next time I had a taste for muffins, I whipped up my own recipe. DEEELICIOUS results!
I mixed a little Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix with a little flour, white corn muffin mix and sugar.
Stirred until well combined. Poured in greased muffin tin (6 cups) and baked in a preheated oven.
The muffins are hearty with a mild sweetness. They do not taste like cake.
They are great with chili, smoky collard greens, smoky turnip greens, crock pot pinto beans.
CREATIVE MUFFIN RECIPES
Be sure to check out my Sweet Potato Stuffed Cornbread Muffins and Stuffed Cornbread Muffins.
MY JIFFY COLLECTION
I’m the proud owner of several Jiffy items that were given to me by Howdy Holmes, the company president waaaay back in 2010.
I own a Jiffy t-shirt. I kept one and gave the other to my precious aunt who loves it.
My “Jiffy” book is autographed by Howdy Holmes, president of Chelsea Milling Company.
One day, I’ll hang this framed t-shirt in the office connected to my “dream studio kitchen.”
Calories and nutritional information not included with recipes on this site.
A popular online nutritional calculator is myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
Jiffy Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cup self-rising white cornmeal mix Or use self-rising yellow corn muffin mix.
- 1/4 cup self-rising flour, sifted See recipe notes for all-purpose flour.
- 1/4 cup cornmuffin mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 2 small or medium eggs, beaten Or use ONE large egg.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- vegetable oil to grease muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In medium-sized bowl, combine cornmeal mix, sifted flour, corn muffin mix, sugar (if using), 2 beaten eggs, and buttermilk. NOTE: Use two small or medium eggs. Or use ONE large egg.
- Stir together until batter is smooth. Press large lumps with back of a spoon or fork. Set aside 10 minutes.
- Spray muffin tin (6 cups) with vegetable oil cooking spray. Or, grease each cup with 1/2 teaspoon of vegetable oil.
- Stir cornbread batter. Fill each cup with batter.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Muffins will rise with a dome shape.
- Serve hot. If desired, slather with salted butter, honey, or maple syrup.
2 thoughts on “Jiffy Cornbread Muffins”
ran out of milk once and used 1/4 cup of cream still turned out good lol.