Mini Cornbread Muffins are small bites of cornbread
that are baked in a mini muffin tin.
Excellent slathered with butter and dipped in honey.
Drop a few in a big bowl of Crock Pot Pinto Beans, your favorite salad or soup… and enjoy every bite.
DISCLOSURE (NOT SPONSORED): I have not been paid to endorse pictured products.
Delighted to share the ingredients I purchased and used to make this delicious recipe.
All comments are my own.
HOW TO MAKE MINI CORNBREAD MUFFINS
This recipe is a variation of my super popular Homemade Self-Rising Cornbread.
After making the cornbread batter, set aside and prepare the muffin tin.
Grease a 12-cup or 20-cup mini muffin tin with no-stick cooking spray.
GREASE MUFFIN TIN WITH VEGETABLE OIL
This is the old-fashioned method. Fill a measuring cup with 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
Dip a folded napkin into the oil. Wipe bottom and sides of each cup in the muffin tin with the “oiled napkin.”
Use a teaspoon to spoon the cornbread batter into each cup in the mini muffin tin.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes in a preheated 375 degree oven until golden brown.
Calories and nutritional information not included with recipes on this site.
A popular online nutritional calculator is myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
Mini Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal mix white or yellow
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour sifted, spooned and leveled
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk I use cultured whole buttermilk
- No-Stick Spray to grease muffin tin Or use 1/4 cup vegetable oil.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine cornmeal mix, flour, sugar (if using), one large eggs (beaten), and buttermilk. Stir together until smooth and pourable. Small lumps okay. Set aside.
- Grease a 12-cup or 20-cup "mini" muffin tin with No-Stick Spray (or grease with vegetable oil.
- Stir batter until smooth.
- Reduce oven to 375. Bake 20 to 25 minutes OR until knife inserted in center comes out clean and cornbread is golden brown. Watch carefully to prevent burning. Serve hot.
- Fill each cup in the mini muffin tin with about 1-1/2 teaspoons of cornbread batter.
- Reduce oven to 375. Bake 20 to 25 minutes OR until knife inserted in center comes out clean and Mini Cornbread Muffins are golden brown.
- Oven temperatures do vary. Watch the muffins carefully to prevent burning.
- Serve hot. Delicious slathered with butter, plus honey or maple syrup.
- STORAGE TIP Place cooled muffins in a bag with a zipper. Seal tight before placing in the refrigerator. Keeps well in fridge for up to 4 days.