Homemade Chili Powder is packed with a variety of seasonings that will enhance the flavor of chili, hamburgers and tacos.
Each ingredient can easily be increased or decreased to suit personal preferences.
CLICK HERE TO PIN ON PINTEREST
Please check back for link.
EDITOR’S NOTE (SEPTEMBER 18, 2022): I posted this recipe for the first time, July 9, 2018. Today, I updated the info to make it easier to understand.
Chili powder contains dried cumin, cayenne pepper, coarse ground pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, and smoked paprika.
The last time I used store bought chili powder, it was too strong for me. I decided to make my own. Delicious results.
Homemade Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder optional
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika or use regular paprika
- 3/4 teaspoons red pepper flakes optional
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients.
- Pour in a lidded container.
- Keep refrigerated for maximum flavor.