EDITOR’S NOTE (May 19, 2019): See recipe video on my Facebook fan page.
A pleasant change from roasted or baked potatoes. The sour cream in this creamy side dish adds fabulous flavor! Superb with fried chicken, barbecue or meatloaf. Complements most meat entrees.
My “secret” to melt-in-your-mouth creamed potatoes is simmering them in water, salt, and milk.
Mashed cooked potatoes until smooth. Also good slightly lumpy.
I always add a LOT of ground black pepper. Sooooo good!
Excellent drizzled with melted butter.
A pleasant change from roasted or baked potatoes. The sour cream in this creamy side dish adds fabulous flavor! Superb with fried chicken, barbecue or meatloaf. Complements most meat entrees. Recipe and photography by Beverly Davis for CornbreadMillionaire.com.
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 white potatoes I used Idaho potatoes.
- 3 cups hot water
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine Add more if desired.
- 1/4 cup milk whole or 2%
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Peel and rinse potatoes. Chop into chunks. Set aside.
- Pour 3 cups of water into saucepan. Heat until boiling.
- Add butter, milk, salt to taste, and chopped potatoes.
- Simmer 20 minutes OR until softened.
- Drain liquid and discard.
- Use a masher or back of large spoon to mash potatoes to desired consistency.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Taste. If desired, add more butter, salt, sour cream.
- Serve warm.