Taco Meatloaf is a creative flavor twist on the classic meatloaf.
Key ingredients are crushed tortilla chips, shredded Pepper Jack Cheese and taco seasoning.
Easy to make with simple ingredients.
Meatloaf is a classic main dish. It’s good to have a creative twist to keep it interesting.
This recipe is a keeper. Worth trying at least once… especially if you like tacos and tortilla chips!
Click here to Pin on Pinterest.
Taco Meatloaf is my creative twist on Allrecipes’ Mexican Taco Meatloaf recipe.
EDITOR’S NOTE (April 4, 2022): Text updated to make it easier to understand.
DISCLAIMER (NOT SPONSORED): I have not been paid to endorse any pictured product.
Delighted to share the ingredients I purchased and used to make this delicious main dish.
All comments are my own.
WHAT IS A MEATLOAF?
According to Wikipedia, a meatloaf is a dish of ground beef (or chicken, lamb, pork, turkey, seafood, veal) combined with seasonings and other ingredients.
It’s shaped like a loaf before baking.
Vegetarians use imitation meat and their favorite seasonings.
There are a variety of creative toppings. Favorites include ketchup, barbecue sauce, hot sauce and melted cheese.
My adjusted recipe has an additional 1/2 cup of crumbled tortilla chips plus shredded pepper jack cheese. Both ingredients are binders that hold the meatloaf together.
Taco Meatloaf is seasoned with taco seasoning. Use original, mild, medium or hot.
I used original.
SERVE TACO MEATLOAF FOR LUNCH OR DINNER
If desired, top each serving with crisp tortilla chips.
Be sure to include some salsa or taco sauce on the side.
Calories and nutritional information not included with recipes on this site.
A popular online nutritional calculator is myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
- 1 or 2 pounds ground chuck or ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt to taste more or less as preferred
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper more or less as preferred
- 1-1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips or crushed Ranch Doritos
- 1-1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese or use shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 package (1 ounce) taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup milk I used whole milk.
- 1/4 cup mild taco sauce or use salsa
- Thick and chunky salsa to serve with meatloaf. optional
- Dried parsley for garnish optional
- vegetable oil to grease loaf pan or use parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine ground chuck (OR ground beef OR ground turkey), salt, ground black pepper, crushed tortilla chips, chopped bell pepper (if using), shredded cheddar cheese, and chopped onions.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together beaten eggs, taco seasoning mix, milk, and taco sauce. Add to meat mixture. Stir together until well combined. Set aside.
- Thoroughly grease bottom and sides of a 9x5 loaf pan with vegetable oil or line pan with parchment paper.
- Press mixture into prepared loaf pan. Drizzle taco sauce across the top (optional).
- Bake in the preheated oven until thoroughly cooked and top is brown (50 minutes to 1 hour).
- After removing from oven, lightly drizzle taco sauce over top. Sprinkle with dried parsley (optional).
- Allow to stand 5 to 10 minutes so the Taco Meatloaf will get firm... which makes it easy to cut.