Chicken Salad Stuffed Eggs are easy to make with hard boiled eggs and chicken salad.
Serve as an appetizer or side dish.
Excellent with Ritz or Townhouse crackers.
EDITOR’S NOTE (October 13, 2022): I posted this recipe for the first time on January 15, 2020. Today, I updated the recipe and instructions. Added five new photos and link to new PIN.
“I have come back to this (Facebook) post several times and I love the idea of your chicken salad stuffed eggs.
I am not a deviled egg kinda gal, but I love chicken salad!
They look sooo AMAZING! You ROCKED THIS RECIPE! Very nicely done.” Susan V. (New Hampshire)
WHAT IS AN APPETIZER?
An appetizer is a small amount of food served before the main course. Also called snacks or hors d’oeuvres.
An appetizer is meant to stimulate your appetite, making you extra hungry for your meal.
The other important purpose of appetizers, especially in restaurants, is to keep hungry people fed until the main dish is served.
SMOOTH HARD BOILED EGGS
My Smooth Hard Boiled Eggs are perfect for making Chicken Salad Stuffed Eggs.
HOW TO CUT BOILED EGGS
Use a serrated knife to slice easily through boiled eggs in half.
Less likely to tear the whites.
All ingredients should be coarsely chopped and small enough to fit inside a sliced egg white.
This salad makes a hearty, great tasting sandwich.
Create a unique appetizer by placing a Chicken Salad Stuffed Egg and three buttery crackers inside two cupcake liners.
Make a snack or side dish by placing a stuffed egg on three stacked crackers.
To obtain calories and nutritional information by weight, visit popular online nutritional calculator myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
Chicken Salad Stuffed Eggs
Hard Boiled Eggs
- 4 large hard boiled eggs These will be used for stuffing.
Homemade Chicken Salad
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and finely chopped Rotisserie or baked. I used dark meat.
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 2 large boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 2-1/2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped (optional)
- 2-1/2 tablespoons Miracle Whip Or use mayonnaise.
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard Add more or less.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste More or less as preferred.
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper More or less as preferred.
- 1 teaspoon paprika for garnish (optional)
- 24 each Ritz Crackers for garnish. Or Townhouse Crackers.
- Tap 4 "cold" hard boiled eggs on counter to decrease dents. Peel and discard shell. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Slice in half with a serrated knife. Remove egg yolks and place in medium sized bowl. Save egg whites for later.
- In medium bowl with egg yolks, add chopped chicken, chopped onions, 2 large hard boiled eggs, sweet relish, chopped celery (if using), mayo, mustard, salt, and coarse ground black pepper,
- Stir together until well combined. Taste a sample. If desired, add more sweet relish, salt and coarse ground black pepper until satisfied with the taste.
- Stuff each egg white with a generous tablespoon full (or more) of chicken salad.
- Sprinkle top with coarse ground black pepper and smoked paprika (optional).
- Serve each stuffed egg with Ritz or Townhouse Cracker. Arrange in cupcake liner to make a unique presentation (optional).