Banana Pineapple Pudding is a delicious no-bake dessert that contains bananas, crushed pineapples and vanilla wafers in a creamy vanilla pudding.
Easy to make with affordable ingredients.
For best results, chill overnight before serving.
EDITOR’S NOTE (October 15, 2022): I posted this recipe for the first time on August 24, 2020. Today, changed name from Easy Banana Pineapple Pudding to Banana Pineapple Pudding. Added nutritional facts. Recipe is the same.
DISCLAIMER (NOT SPONSORED): I have not been paid to endorse pictured products.
Delighted to share the ingredients I purchased and used to make this dessert. All comments are my own.
About 35 years ago, a friend’s mother gave me a generous bowl of homemade banana pudding mixed with crushed pineapples.
I was hooked the first time I tasted it. To this day, I still love it.
The crushed pineapples add tasty bursts of flavor.
I will always love this tangy flavor twist and it is my pleasure to share it with you!
The five ingredients are: bananas, vanilla wafers, whole milk, Vanilla Instant Pudding and Pie Filling (not banana flavored), and crushed pineapples.
This recipe calls for Vanilla Instant Pudding and Pie Filling (not banana flavored).
In my opinion, the pie filling tastes MUCH better.
Evaporated Milk makes the pudding slightly creamier than whole milk.
THE CREAMY BANANA FILLING
In a medium bowl, whisk together Vanilla Instant Pudding and Pie Filling (not banana flavored) and Evaporated Milk until well combined.
TASTES BETTER AFTER 24 HOURS IN FRIDGE
For best results, cover dessert’s container with a tight lid and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Although Banana Pineapple Pudding is good immediately after preparation, it’s much better chilled before serving.
To obtain calories and nutritional information by weight, visit popular online nutritional calculator myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
Banana Pineapple Pudding
- 1 box (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding and pie filling See instructions on box for non-dairy milk.
- 2 cups whole milk, cold Or Evaporated Milk.
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapples in juice, drained and divided Or pineapple tidbits in juice.
- 2 large bananas, thinly sliced Use 3 large bananas if desired.
- 1 box (11 ounces) vanilla wafers Use 2-1/2 cups of wafers or more if desired.
- Empty package of instant vanilla pudding and pie filling into a medium-sized bowl.
- Whisk together pudding mix and COLD milk for two minutes. Pudding will be soft-set in about 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of crushed pineapples OR pineapple tidbits (drained). I prefer the tidbits because of their chunky texture.
- Arrange a single layer of vanilla wafers along bottom of a medium sized bowl. Top with 1/2 of vanilla pudding. Arrange sliced bananas over top of pudding. Arrange remaining vanilla wafers over top of bananas.
- Smooth pudding over top. Gently smooth remaining 1/4 cup of crushed pineapples (if using) over top of pudding.
- Cover container with a lid or with foil. Refrigerate 24 hours.
- After removing lid or foil, sprinkle 5 or more crushed vanilla wafers over top.
- Serve and enjoy!