Perfect for leftover tortillas or when you want a crunchy sweet snack. Excellent alone or with scoops of ice cream. I like to dip them in a mixture of unsweetened crushed pineapples and real whipped cream (chilled).
Baked Cinnamon Sugar Tortillas
A crunchy sweet snack. Easy to make. Ready in about 30 minutes. Recipe and photography by Beverly Davis for CornbreadMillionaire.com.
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour melted butter into a large platter or large bowl. Combine cinnamon and sugar in a separate large platter.
- Lightly coat both sides of a one tortilla in melted butter. Immediately rub both sides with cinnamon and brown sugar mixture. Repeat until all tortillas are done.
- Place on large ungreased cookie sheet. Okay if sides touch.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Do not flip. Watch closely to prevent burning.
- Cool 5 minutes. Break each tortilla in half or in quarters before serving.