Puff Pastry Breakfast Cups are flaky puff pastry shells stuffed with scrambled eggs and cheddar cheese. Hearty and delicious.
Very easy to make with a few ingredients.
Serve as a side or main dish.
Pairs well with Smoked Sausage and hash browns.
EDITOR’S NOTE (October 16, 2022): I posted this recipe for the first time on July 31, 2020. Today, I added nutritional information. Recipe is the same.
DISCLAIMER (NOT SPONSORED): I have not been paid to endorse pictured product.
Delighted to share the ingredients I purchased and used to make Puff Pastry Breakfast Cups. All comments are my own.
WHAT IS PUFF PASTRY?
Puff pastry is a light, buttery, flaky dough used in both sweet and savory dishes. It contains three ingredients: flour, butter and salt.
This flaky pastry rises beautifully without a drop of baking powder or baking soda. No leavening agent required.
The baking technique was perfected in France many years ago.
However, puff pastry is loved worldwide. It’s used to make appetizers, desserts and main dishes.
Read more on spruceeats.com.
THE MAIN INGREDIENT
Simply remove from package, separate along perforations, place on a baking sheet and bake.
Mise en place is a super time saver. This French cooking term translates as “putting in place.”
It means prepping/measuring ingredients and chopping food before you start cooking. It’s the perfect way to get organized and avoid missing an ingredient or missing a step in the instructions.
I did not use parchment paper.
The puffs baked to flaky perfection and did not stick to the pan.
You may use parchment paper if desired.
Whole flaky baked puff pastry shells (with tops) fresh from the oven.
Beautiful brown color.
Top removed from puff pastry shell. Ready for stuffing.
One of the Puff Pastry Breakfast Cups drizzled with honey is perfect for the sweet tooth. Tastes amazing.
Easy Scrambled Eggs stuffed in a puff pastry shell.
Perfect for breakfast or brunch.
To obtain calories and nutritional information by weight, visit popular online nutritional calculator myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
Puff Pastry Breakfast Cups
- 3 each Puff Pastry Shells
- 3 medium eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk whole or 2%
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil or use olive oil
- honey for drizzling optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Separate puff pastry shells and arrange on ungreased baking sheet. If desired, line with parchment paper. Bake according to instructions on back of package. I reduced oven temp to 400 (package suggests 425 degrees) for even baking in my oven. Adjust your oven temp if necessary.
- While pastry shells are baking, prepare scrambled eggs and cheese.
- In medium sized bowl, thoroughly combine 3 eggs, shredded cheddar cheese, milk (whole or 2%), salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Place 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil (or olive oil) in a medium sized skillet. Warm over "low" heat until hot.
- Pour egg mixture into hot greased skillet. Increase heat to medium. Use a rubber spatula to turn eggs and cheese for 2-3 minutes. "Scramble" by breaking into small pieces with spatula. Cook 2 minutes longer if hard scrambled eggs are preferred. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Remove baked puff pastry shells from oven. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Carefully remove tops which will come out easily.
- Fill each shell with scrambled cheese and eggs. Serve immediately.