EDITOR’S NOTE (November 18, 2019). Updated recipe by adding cooked/chopped smoked sausage as a mix-in.
Cheesy egg muffins are packed with flavor and super easy to make. Great breakfast for busy families and individuals.
Simply bake the night before. Cool, store in a sealed container, and refrigerate. The next day, warm and eat for breakfast or enjoy for lunch. Perfect for busy individuals and families.
Smoked sausage (whole or chopped) pairs well with cheesy muffins. Use as a mix-in or serve on the side.
Be sure to check out my recipe for Make Ahead Bacon Egg Muffins.
Make Ahead Cheesy Egg Muffins
Quick/easy to make with simple ingredients. Perfect for busy individuals and families. Great for breakfast or lunch. Recipe and photography by Beverly Davis for CornbreadMillionaire.com.
Servings: 6 muffins
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup milk whole or 2%
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4-5 links cooked smoked sausage Chopped into 24 small pieces.
- vegetable oil, divided Or use vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place eggs in a medium sized bowl. Beat with a fork.
- Add milk, cheese, salt and ground black pepper (as preferred). Stir together.
- Spray muffin tin (6 cups) with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Fill each cup with egg mixture. Add 4 pieces of chopped/cooked smoked sausage (optional).
- Reduce oven temperature to 375. Bake 15 minutes. Muffins will rise dramatically while baking and... deflate dramatically while cooling.
- Serve hot. Or, cool completely. Placed cool egg muffins in a zippered bag or lidded container. Refrigerate up to 3 days.
- To warm, place in microwave for 5 seconds. Or, warm in a preheated (400) oven for 5 minutes.