Make Ahead Bacon Egg Muffins are hearty and delicious. This easy recipe is perfect for busy families. Bake the night before and refrigerate. The next day, warm and serve for breakfast with your favorite sides. Or, enjoy as is.
To make a creative presentation, insert crisp bacon pieces in the center of each muffin.
Be sure to check out my Make Ahead Cheesy Egg Muffins.
Make Ahead Bacon Egg Muffins
Great breakfast for busy mornings. Quick and easy to make. Bake the night before and refrigerate. The next day, warm and enjoy. Recipe and photography by Beverly Davis for CornbreadMillionaire.com.
Servings: 6 muffins
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup milk whole or 2%
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 strips bacon, cooked crispy broken in half
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add milk, cheese, salt and ground black pepper (as preferred). Stir together.
- Spray muffin tin (6 cups) with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Fill each cup with egg mixture.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375. Bake 15 minutes. Muffins will rise dramatically while baking and... deflate dramatically while cooling.
- Cool baked egg muffins 15 minutes. Place in a zippered bag or lidded container. Refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Warm in the microwave for 5 seconds or in a preheated (400) oven for 5 minutes.
- Break one crispy bacon strip in half. Place both pieces in center of each egg muffin. Repeat until all six muffins have two pieces of bacon inserted in center.
- Serve immediately. Or allow to cool. Place in airtight container and refrigerate. Reheat in microwave for 2-3 seconds or in a preheated 400 degree oven for 5 minutes.
VARIATION: Place crumbled cooked bacon in egg mixture before baking. Crisp cooked bacon is best. Soft bacon will be too chewy. This variation keeps well in the refrigerator.