This is spicy hot variation of my super popular Cornbread Bundt Dressing.
Jalapeno Cornbread Bundt Dressing contains jalapenos, chicken, onions and delicious seasonings. To make a pretty presentation, place small bowl in center. Fill with Homemade Cranberry Sauce, shredded chicken, gravy or sliced jalapenos.
Although this dressing holds together to form a bundt shape, it isn’t dry. Evaporated milk, cream of chicken soup and cream of mushroom soup add delicious flavor and moisture.
If you prefer a very moist dressing, drizzle each individual slice with gravy or hot chicken stock before serving. Do not drizzle whole bundt cake because liquids will soften the shape.
Jalapeno Cornbread Dressing
- 3-1/2 cups baked cornbread, coarsely crumbled See Recipe Notes.
- 2 biscuits, baked and coarsely crumbled Or use two slices of wheat bread torn into small pieces.
- 1-1/2 cups shredded chicken white or dark meat
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth canned or fresh
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup See Recipe Notes for homemade.
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup If preferred, use 2 cans and omit cream of chicken.
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk, divided
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons ground sage Use more or less as preferred.
- 1/4 cup fresh celery, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup jalapeno peppers, chopped (fresh or jarred) Seeds and ribs removed if using fresh.
- 3-4 whole jalapeno pepper, sliced into small rings Use for garnish (optional)
- vegetable oil cooking spray or shortening See Recipe Notes for greasing a cast iron bundt pan.
- cranberry sauce See Recipe Notes for homemade.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large bowl, thoroughly combine crumbled cornbread, crumbled biscuits (or bread slices) and shredded chicken. Set aside.
- In medium sized saucepan, combine chicken broth, condensed cream of mushroom soup, condensed cream of chicken soup, and onions. Simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Pour warm mixture over bread crumbs and chicken. Add 3 tablespoons of evaporated milk, beaten eggs, sage, ground black pepper, salt, chopped jalapeno peppers, and celery (if using). Stir mixture until thoroughly combined. NOTE: Place sliced jalapeno peppers in a bowl. Set aside.
- Spray 5-cup bundt pan (aluminum) with vegetable oil cooking spray. Grease a cast iron bundt pan with shortening. Do not use vegetable oil because the crust will stick. Place in hot oven for 5 minutes. Preheating helps to thoroughly bake crust.
- Carefully remove hot bundt pan from hot oven. Pour in batter. Reduce oven temperature to 375. Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges turn golden brown. Avoid baking too long to prevent dryness.
- Remove from oven. Cool at least 10 minutes. Place plate on top of bundt pan. Flip over. Tap to release.
- Bundt shape should be firm. Place a small bowl of cranberry sauce, sliced jalapenos or gravy in center. Makes a lovely presentation on dinner table.
- Slice with a serrated knife.
- Drizzle each serving with hot gravy or chicken stock. Do not drizzle entire bundt "cake" because liquids will soften the shape.