This is spicy hot variation of my super popular Cornbread Bundt Dressing.
Jalapeno Cornbread Bundt Dressing contains jalapenos, chicken, onions and delicious seasonings. To make a pretty presentation, place small bowl in center. Fill with Homemade Cranberry Sauce, shredded chicken, gravy or sliced jalapenos.
Although this dressing holds together to form a bundt shape, it isn’t dry. Evaporated milk, cream of chicken soup and cream of mushroom soup add delicious flavor and moisture.
If you prefer a very moist dressing, drizzle each individual slice with gravy or hot chicken stock before serving. Do not drizzle whole bundt cake because liquids will soften the shape.
Jalapeno Cornbread Dressing
Jalapeno peppers add a splash of heat to this hearty and delicious cornbread dressing. To make a lovely presentation, place a small bowl of sliced jalapeno peppers or cranberry sauce in the center before serving. Recipe and photography by Beverly Davis for CornbreadMillionaire.com.
Servings: 12 servings
- 3-1/2 cups baked cornbread, coarsely crumbled See Recipe Notes.
- 2 biscuits, baked and coarsely crumbled Or use two slices of wheat bread torn into small pieces.
- 1-1/2 cups shredded chicken white or dark meat
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth canned or fresh
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup See Recipe Notes for homemade.
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup If preferred, use 2 cans and omit cream of chicken.
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk, divided
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons ground sage Use more or less as preferred.
- 1/4 cup fresh celery, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup jalapeno peppers, chopped (fresh or jarred) Seeds and ribs removed if using fresh.
- 3-4 whole jalapeno pepper, sliced into small rings Use for garnish (optional)
- vegetable oil cooking spray or shortening See Recipe Notes for greasing a cast iron bundt pan.
- cranberry sauce See Recipe Notes for homemade.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large bowl, thoroughly combine crumbled cornbread, crumbled biscuits (or bread slices) and shredded chicken. Set aside.
- In medium sized saucepan, combine chicken broth, condensed cream of mushroom soup, condensed cream of chicken soup, and onions. Simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Pour warm mixture over bread crumbs and chicken. Add 3 tablespoons of evaporated milk, beaten eggs, sage, ground black pepper, salt, chopped jalapeno peppers, and celery (if using). Stir mixture until thoroughly combined. NOTE: Place sliced jalapeno peppers in a bowl. Set aside.
- Spray 5-cup bundt pan (aluminum) with vegetable oil cooking spray. Grease a cast iron bundt pan with shortening. Do not use vegetable oil because the crust will stick. Place in hot oven for 5 minutes. Preheating helps to thoroughly bake crust.
- Carefully remove hot bundt pan from hot oven. Pour in batter. Reduce oven temperature to 375. Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges turn golden brown. Avoid baking too long to prevent dryness.
- Remove from oven. Cool at least 10 minutes. Place plate on top of bundt pan. Flip over. Tap to release.
- Bundt shape should be firm. Place a small bowl of cranberry sauce, sliced jalapenos or gravy in center. Makes a lovely presentation on dinner table.
- Slice with a serrated knife.
- Drizzle each serving with hot gravy or chicken stock. Do not drizzle entire bundt "cake" because liquids will soften the shape.
~I suggest using my Homemade Self-Rising Cornbread recipe to make this dressing. ~Use 2 cans (10.5 ounces each) of cream of mushroom soup OR 2 cans (10.5 ounces each) of cream of chicken soup... or use 1-1/2 cups of Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup. ~Homemade Cranberry Sauce pairs well with this recipe. ~If using a cast iron bundt pan (pictured), generously grease with shortening to prevent sticking. Do not grease with vegetable oil because it is too light and the dressing will stick to the pan.