Homemade Tartar Sauce is a creamy, semi-chunky condiment that tastes very good.
Easy to make with a few simple ingredients you may already have available.
CLICK HERE TO PIN ON PINTEREST.
Please check back for the recipe.
EDITOR’S NOTE (June 16, 2022): Published original recipe Nov. 4, 2018. Today, I updated the recipe and instructions. Also added three new photos. This update is NOT sponsored.
DISCLOSURE (2018 RECIPE SPONSORED): The original recipe published November 4, 2018, contained sweet salad cubes from a complimentary jar provided by Mt. Olive Pickles.
I contacted the company and requested complimentary jars of pickles. Delighted when the company shipped me a variety of their products including my favorite sweet salad cubes.
I have never been paid money to endorse their products.
All comments are my own.
For many years, I’ve always made my own Homemade Tartar Sauce. Love to use it as a dip for fries and Fish Nuggets. My pleasure to share the recipe with you!
Sweet salad cubes and finely chopped onions gave it flavor and a unique semi-chunky texture.
This recipe can easily be adjusted if you prefer a smooth condiment. Simply use minced onions and sweet relish (smooth) instead of crisp sweet salad cubes.
Mayo, chopped white onions, sweet salad cubes, 1/2 lemon (for fresh lemon juice), yellow mustard, salt, and black pepper.
Although I used 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper and 1/4 teaspoon of salt, you can adjust the amount. Use more or less to suit your personal preferences.
To make this condiment, place all ingredients in a medium bowl.
Stir until well combined.
Taste a sample. If desired, add more of each ingredient until satisfied with the taste.
Homemade Tartar Sauce pairs well with fish.
Homemade Tartar Sauce is a perfect dip for crisp fries.
Calories and nutritional information not included with recipes on this site.
A popular online nutritional calculator is myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
Homemade Tartar Sauce
- 1 cup real Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup white onions, finely chopped Or use minced onions for a smooth texture.
- 1/4 cup sweet salad cubes, drained Or use sweet relish for a smooth texure.
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper More or less as preferred.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt to taste More or less as preferred.
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir together until well combined.
- Taste a sample. If desired, add more of each ingredient until satisfied with the taste.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Or serve immediately.