Banana Bread Bundt Cake is banana bread baked in a bundt pan. Pretty and delicious. Perfect for special occasions or anytime.
This dessert is easy to make with simple ingredients. It’s moist and loaded with banana flavor.
Although good fresh from oven, banana bread is much better after 24 hours in fridge.
My traditional banana bread is baked in a loaf pan is a very popular recipe on this blog. Recently, I felt inspired to give it a new look.
While trying to figure out what to do with 3 large overripe bananas, I got a “bright idea” to bake banana bread in a bundt pan. Voila!
Turned out great the first time I made it. Love when that happens!
This recipe calls for 2/3 cup of melted unsalted butter which is 10 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons.
Fascinating Banana Bread Facts
Banana bread is considered a “quick bread,” because it doesn’t need yeast.
National Banana Bread Day is February 23rd.
Bananas are sold more than any other fruit in the United States.
The first banana bread recipe was published by Pillsbury in 1933.
The typical bundt cake is served with bottom side up.
Since the top is prettier than the bottom in my opinion, I decided to show it. I suggest serving as pictured above.
After cake has cooled 10 minutes, place large plate on top. Use oven mitts or a thick towel to flip pan over so cake falls out on plate. Place a second plate on top of cake, flip again so top is shown as pictured.
To make the cake even more interesting, place a small bowl in center and fill with chocolate chips, crushed pineapples or maraschino cherries, or whatever you prefer.
Banana Bread Bundt Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar Plus 3 tablespoons for light sweetness. For really sweet use 1-1/2 cups sugar.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 3 large overripe bananas, mashed
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted About 10 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons.
- vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk in sugar.
- In small bowl, combine eggs and vanilla. Add to dry mixture.
- Add mashed overripe bananas and melted butter. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Generously grease a standard bundt pan with vegetable oil. Be sure to grease center tube. Pour in batter. Tap pan on counter to evenly settle batter.
- Use a damp cloth or paper towel to wipe off excess batter on edges and center tube.
- Place bundt pan in oven. Reduce temperature to 325. Bake 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Oven temperatures vary. Adjust cooking time and temperature when necessary.
- Delicious warm or cold.
- Although good fresh from oven, banana bread is much better after 24 hours in fridge. If desired, place whole cake or slices in a container, secure lid. Refrigerate 24 hours before serving.