Watermelon Blue Cheese Salad is a mouthwatering combination of sweet seedless watermelon, seedless red grapes, blue cheese crumbles and crisp iceberg lettuce.
It’s seasoned with salt and coarse ground black pepper.
If desired, drizzle with a tangy lemon vinaigrette (recipe below).
CLICK HERE TO PIN ON PINTEREST.
Please check back for the link.
DISCLAIMER (NOT SPONSORED): I have not been paid to endorse pictured products.
Delighted to share the ingredients I purchased and used to make this delicious recipe.
All comments are my own.
THE MAIN INGREDIENT
Use an ice-cream scoop to scoop balls of seedless watermelon for this salad.
Or, cut the watermelon into small squares.
Discard small white seeds if preferred.
Red seedless grapes, blue cheese crumbles, salt, coarse ground black pepper and iceberg lettuce.
HOW TO MAKE A BASIC VINAIGRETTE
The basic salad vinaigrette recipe contains fresh lemon juice (or other acid) mixed with olive oil.
For example, one tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and three tablespoons of olive oil will make a small single serving.
Make a larger amount with 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice mixed with 3/4 cups olive oil.
This is the basic ratio. Ingredients can be adjusted to personal preferences.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE OLIVE OIL
To make the vinaigrette, consider using a fancy extra-virgin olive or a mild-flavored one that you really like. Doesn’t have to be expensive. Just make sure you love the taste.
Lightly use extra-virgin olive oil because it can overwhelm delicate flavors in a salad.
For a milder flavor, use half extra-virgin oil and half mild regular olive oil to make the dressing.
To obtain calories and nutritional information by weight, visit popular online nutritional calculator is myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
Watermelon Blue Cheese Salad
- iceberg lettuce rinsed, drained, dried with paper towels
- 15 squares or balls seedless red watermelon Medium size squares or balls.
- 15 each seedless red grapes
- blue cheese crumbles
- salt to taste
- coarse ground black pepper
- 2-1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional) From one lemon.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice From one or 2 lemons.
- Add a layer of lettuce (whole leaves, shredded or chopped) in the bottom of three bowls.
- Add 5 squares or balls of seedless red watermelon (more or less as preferred) to each bowl.
- Add 5 whole seedless red grapes or 10 halved (more or less as preferred) to each bowl. Sprinkle with preferred amounts of salt and coarse ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle each serving with blue cheese crumbles. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together extra-virgin olive oil, lemon zest and fresh lemon juice.
- Dip a scoop of watermelon or lettuce into the dressing and taste it. If desired, add more of desired ingredient (s) until satisfied with taste.
- Pour a small amount of vinaigrette (about 1/2 teaspoon) into each bowl. A small amount keeps the salad crisp. Toss until evenly combined. Serve and enjoy.