Roasted Tomatoes and Green Beans are full of hearty flavor.
They are roasted in separate pans to bring out their individual flavors.
Serve together as a side dish or light meal.
Quick and easy to make with a few ingredients.
Pairs well with Roasted Spatchcock Herb Chicken.
EDITOR’S NOTE (October 2, 2022): Posted this recipe for the first time June 26, 2021. The original name was Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Roasted Green Beans. Today, I changed the name to Roasted Tomatoes and Green Beans.
DISCLAIMER (NOT SPONSORED): I have not been paid to endorse pictured products.
Delighted to share the ingredients I purchased and used to make this delicious dish.
All comments are my own.
Cherry tomatoes have a round shape just like cherries.
This recipe brings out amazing flavor in fresh (not frozen) cherry tomatoes.
Only fresh green beans will work in this recipe.
Canned and frozen are too soft.
Both veggies are seasoned with olive oil, coarse ground black pepper and salt.
Thyme and Oregano are popular herbs used in Mediterranean cooking.
They’re often used in vegetables, slow-cooked recipes, stews, soups, meat, poultry, and more.
Oregano is very good on roasted tomatoes and in tomato-based sauces.
Slice cherry tomatoes lengthwise and arrange on a baking sheet.
Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with seasonings.
Slice cherry tomatoes and place a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, dried oregano, salt and coarse ground black pepper (as preferred).
Toss until evenly coated.
Arrange green beans on a separate baking sheet.
Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, coarse ground black pepper.
Roast in a preheated oven (375 degrees) until desired tenderness.
Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese to add more flavor.
Serve Roasted Tomatoes and Green Beans together or serve separately.
If desired garnish with grated Parmesan Cheese.
To obtain nutritional information by weight, visit popular online nutritional calculator is myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
Roasted Tomatoes and Green Beans
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes rinsed
- 2 pounds fresh green beans Canned or frozen will not work in this recipe.
- olive oil for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more or less as preferred
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper more or less as preferred
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano or use fresh/chopped
- grated Parmesan Cheese for garnish optional
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thoroughly rinse cherry tomatoes and pat dry with paper towels.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half.
- Place on an ungreased/rimmed baking sheet. If desired, use parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, coarse ground black pepper and dried oregano. Toss until evenly coated on both sides. Spread out in a single layer. .
- Roast in preheated hot until slightly charred. This will take 15 to 20 minutes. Oven temperatures vary. May take more or less time. Please note dark charring will cause cherry tomatoes to shrink dramatically.
- Transfer Roasted Cherry Tomatoes to a serving dish. Cover with foil or secure with a tight lid until green beans are through roasting. Leave oven on for green beans.
- ROASTED GREEN BEANSReduce preheated oven to 375 degrees.
- Thoroughly rinse green beans in warm water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Arrange on an ungreased/trimmed baking sheet. Since green beans should not touch, use one very large or two large baking sheets.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and coarse ground black pepper. Toss until evenly coated on both sides. Spread out in a single layer.
- Roast in preheated 375 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until desired tenderness. Green beans will char and shrivel after about 15 minutes. Oven temps vary. May take more or less time.
- Transfer to platter. Serve with Roasted Tomatoes or serve separately.
- Sprinkle individual servings with shaved or grated Parmesan cheese (optional).