Red Velvet Bundt Cake is moist and delicious. The pretty red color makes it the perfect dessert for Valentine’s Day, 4th of July and Christmas.
Original recipe by Better Homes & Gardens. My twist is baking the cake in a Bundt pan and making mini red velvet Bundt cakes.
CLICK HERE TO PIN ON PINTEREST.
DISCLOSURE (NOT SPONSORED): I have not been paid to endorse pictured products. Delighted to share what I purchased and used to make this delicious cake.
All comments are my own.
My Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting, made with just four ingredients, is fabulous on this Red Velvet Bundt Cake. It’s very easy to make.
MINI RED VELVET BUNDT CAKES
Use this recipe to make Mini Red Velvet Bundt Cakes.
Spoon 2-1/2 tablespoons of cake batter in each cup in a mini Bundt cake pan.
HELPFUL BAKING TIPS
1. Always sift the all-purpose flour before using. After sifting, spoon flour into measuring cup. Level off with a knife. Too much flour causes dry, poor tasting cakes.
2. Make sure unsalted butter is softened (not a melted liquid).
3. Add eggs one at a time.
4. Make sure you have enough time to mix the ingredients and bake the cake. For example, after making the cake batter, pour it into the baking pan instead of waiting until later.
TEST BAKING SODA FOR EFFECTIVENESS
This recipe calls for 1-1/2 teaspoons of baking soda.
If it has been previously opened and in the pantry for one or two months, test before using to make sure it’s active.
Simply drop 1/4 teaspoon full into a small cup with about 2 tablespoons of distilled white vinegar.
It’s active and ready to use if it bubbles vigorously.
If it’s a light fizz or no fizz, discard. Do not use in this recipe.
Bake in 350 preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until a wooden skewer or knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Allow to cool before frosting with Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting.
COOL BAKED CAKE
Leave in pan at least 20 minutes before inverting onto a plate.
To obtain calories and nutritional information by weight, visit popular online nutritional calculator myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
Red Velvet Bundt Cake
- 3 large eggs Room temperature.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups all-purpose flour Sifted, spooned and leveled.
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring One 1-ounce bottle.
- 1-1/2 cups cultured buttermilk, room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white distilled vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Let eggs and unsalted butter stand on counter 30 minutes OR until unsalted butter is softened. Grease and flour a 6-cup bundt pan. Set aside.
- In medium bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, use an electric hand mixer to beat softened butter on medium-high for 30 seconds. Add sugar, vanilla, and beat until fluffy and evenly combined. Add eggs one at a time. Beat each egg on medium just until combined. Beat in food coloring on low until mixture is evenly colored. Avoid over mixing.
- Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to egg mixture. Beat on low just until combined. Avoid over mixing.
- In a small bowl, stir together baking soda and vinegar. Pour into batter. Beat just until combined. Avoid over mixing.
- Let eggs and butter stand 30 minutes. Grease and flour a 6-cup bundt pan. Set aside.
- Spread cake batter in prepared bundt pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a long knife inserted in center all the way to the bottom, comes out clean. Cake may have a marbled appearance.
- Prepare Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting (link to recipe above) before mixing cake or while cake is baking.
- After removing cake from oven, allow to cool in pan at least 20 minutes. Place a cake plate over top. Flip pan over plate so cooled cake falls on the plate.
- Frost cooled cake with Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting (link to recipe above).
- Makes 12 to 16 servings (depends on size).
2 thoughts on “Red Velvet Bundt Cake”
Where can I order the Bundt pan?
Hi Zelbra! Purchased my Nordic Ware 6-cup Bundt Pan from Amazon. Here’s the link…