Persian Lime Pie is a chilled no-bake dessert made with Persians limes.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PERSIAN & KEY LIMES
Only 6 to 8 Persian limes required to make this recipe.
Their taste is similar to Key limes.
If using Key limes to make this pie, you will need 18-20 of them.
For more info on their differences, read this helpful article from Cooks Illustrated.
Calories and nutritional information not included with recipes on this site.
A popular online nutritional calculator is myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
Persian Lime Pie
- 1 9" graham cracker crust store-bought or homemade
- 1 egg white lightly whisked or lightly beaten with a fork
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream cold
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2-1/2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 1/3 cup lime juice from 3-4 persian limes
- 2 limes, slice for garnish
- 8 vanilla wafers for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly brush graham cracker crust with egg white. Place in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. While the crust cools, prepare filling.
- Pour heavy whipping cream into a medium-sized bowl. Use an electric mixer to stir until stiff peaks form (about 10 minutes).
- Zest limes before squeezing for juice.
- Add lime zest, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and sour cream to heavy cream. Stir with spoon until evenly combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust. Smooth evenly around crust. To garnish, place 3 sliced limes in center. Add 8 vanilla wafers around center (see photo).
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours up to overnight.
- FREEZER OPTION. The covered pie can be stored in freezer for at least 4 weeks. Make sure it's in a pie plate safe for freezing. Place in a larger freezer bag. Seal tightly. Thaw at least 30 minutes before serving or longer if necessary.