Pepperoni Pizza Toast contains melted cheddar cheese and pepperoni pieces on top of toasted sandwich bread.
Excellent for breakfast, lunch or dinner because it’s very filling.
Quick and easy to make with a few ingredients.
This is a variation of my delicious Cheese Toast.
EDITOR’S NOTE (May 12, 2022): Original recipe published May 17, 2021. Today, I updated the recipe, instructions, added helpful tips, and new photos.
DISCLAIMER (NOT SPONSORED)
I have not been paid to endorse pictured products.
Delighted to share the ingredients I purchased and used to make this delicious recipe.
All comments are my own.
SANDWICH BREAD IS PERFECT
Although I made this recipe with honey wheat sandwich bread, use white, whole wheat or whatever you prefer.
My recipe calls for each slice of bread to be toasted on both sides in a skillet with melted butter. The following easy steps show you how to do it.
BEFORE TOASTING BREAD, PREPARE CHEDDAR CHEESE
Place pepperoni pieces, sliced cheddar cheese (from block) or shredded cheddar cheese in a bowl close to the stove.
If using sliced cheese, remove the plastic from each slice.
MELT BUTTER (SALTED OR UNSALTED) IN SKILLET
Place 2 tablespoons of butter (salted or unsalted) in a skillet over medium heat on top of the stove. This is for 2 slices. Use more or less as preferred.
COAT BOTH SIDES OF SANDWICH BREAD IN MELTED BUTTER
Use a spatula to slide bread around skillet to absorb melted butter (or margarine).
Flip over and repeat to coat second side.
BROWN ONE SIDE OF SLICED BREAD AND FLIP OVER
Brown one side of buttered bread over medium heat (3o to 35 seconds).
Do not leave stove to avoid burnt toast.
FLIP OVER & REDUCE HEAT TO LOW
After reducing heat, quickly arrange cheddar cheese on top of toasted side.
WARM PEPPERONI PIECES IN SAME SKILLET
Arrange pepperoni pieces in a single layer in skillet. Warm for about 30 seconds.
They warm up quickly. Avoid cooking too long.
After pepperoni pieces are warm, remove from saucepan and drain on a folded paper towel.
Serve hot or warm.
Sprinkle with red pepper flakes for a tasty splash of heat.
Calories and nutritional information not included with recipes on this site.
A popular online nutritional calculator is myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
Pepperoni Pizza Toast
- 1 block (8 ounces) cheddar cheese or shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons salted or unsalted butter or margarine
- 2 slices honey wheat sandwich bread or preferred sliced bread
- 12 each pepperoni pieces or more if desired
- red pepper flakes for garnish optional
- Place sliced cheese (from block) or shredded cheese in a bowl close to the stove.
- Place 2 tablespoons of butter (salted or unsalted) in a skillet over medium heat on top of the stove. This is for 2 slices. Use more or less as preferred.
- Use a spatula to slide bread around skillet to absorb melted butter. Flip over and repeat until second side is also coated.
- Leave one side face down to brown over medium heat (30 to 35 seconds).
- QUICKLY arrange pepperoni pieces in a single layer on bottom of pan (opposite side of cheese toast). After about 5 seconds, remove pieces and drain on folded paper towel.
- Flip bread over. Immediately reduce heat to low. Quickly arrange cheddar cheese on top of "toasted" side.
- HELPFUL TIP: If cheese doesn't completely melt, use a spatula to flip over into the HOT skillet for 2 to 3 seconds. After flipping over, immediately turn heat OFF.
- Remove toast from skillet. Arrange six (or more) hot pepperoni pieces on top of each slice. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes (optional).
- Serve warm or hot.