Honey Roasted Carrots have an amazing sweet-nutty taste.
Easy to make with a few simple ingredients.
Serve as a side dish with southern fried cabbage or smoky collard greens.
CLICK HERE TO PIN ON PINTEREST.
EDITOR’S NOTE (September 29, 2022): I posted this recipe for the first time on November 29, 2018. Today, I updated the tips to make them easier to understand.
DISCLAIMER (NOT SPONSORED): I have not been paid to endorse any pictured product. Delighted to share the ingredients I purchased and used to make this recipe. All comments are my own.
Light brown sugar, black pepper, olive oil and honey.
Unsalted butter is optional (not pictured).
Use whole carrots or chop into bite-sized pieces.
HOW TO PREPARE CARROTS FOR COOKING
Always wash and scrub debris from carrots before using them in a recipe.
SHOULD CARROTS BE PEELED OR LIGHTLY SCRAPED?
Peeling is basically about personal preference. Many love the skin’s taste, while others do not.
Peeling carrots will decrease their nutrition, because different nutrients are found in different parts of the carrot. Unpeeled carrots are the healthiest.
Unpeeled carrots are not visually appealing, but they taste good.
For example, some individuals don’t like the taste of carrot skin. It’s bitter to them.
Read more on Livestrong.com.
THE CARAMELIZED CRUST
The caramelized texture tastes great. However, if it’s not for you, simply bake until desired tenderness and texture.
The caramelized crust forms when the carrots remain in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT CARROTS
According to WebMD.com:
1. Instead of food, carrots were first used as medicine, for a variety of ailments.
2. Carrots can be traced back roughly 5,000 years through historical documents and paintings. They were thought to be parsnips, a close relative of the carrot.
3. Carrot colors are orange, white, yellow, red, and purple.
To obtain calories and nutritional information by weight, visit popular online nutritional calculator, myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
Honey Roasted Carrots
- 8 carrots, peeled Use 4 whole and 4 chopped (optional).
- 4-1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey Or use maple syrup.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar Dark brown sugar adds delicious nutty flavor.
- salt to taste
- coarse ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange peeled carrots in a casserole dish lined with parchment paper or foil (shiny side down).
- In small bowl, combine olive oil, honey, melted butter, dark brown sugar (if using), salt and black pepper. Drizzle over carrots. Roll carrots in mixture until evenly coated.
- Bake 35 minutes OR until desired tenderness.
- After removing from oven, brush honey-butter mixture over roasted carrots. Serve hot or warm.
3 thoughts on “Honey Roasted Carrots”
Cant wait to try them. My Grandsons
Love them❤so good❗
I hope you and your grandsons enjoy every bite. Happy New Year!
I can’t wait to try these.