Homemade Coleslaw contains shredded green cabbage, red cabbage, and carrots in a creamy coleslaw dressing.
Easy to make with simple ingredients.
This side dish pairs well with barbecue, burgers, hotdogs and fried chicken.
EDITOR’S NOTE (September 30, 2022): Updated info to make it easier to understand.
DISCLAIMER (NOT SPONSORED): I have not been paid to endorse pictured products.
Delighted to share what I purchased and used to make this delicious side dish. All comments are my own.
Coleslaw Dressing Ingredients (Left to Right): Lemon (for lemon juice), coarse ground black pepper, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar and salt.
I used one bag (16 ounces) of Tri-Color Coleslaw filled with a colorful combination of shredded green cabbage, red cabbage and carrots. If desired, you can use your preferred coleslaw mix.
REFRIGERATE HOMEMADE COLESLAW DRESSING 24 HOURS BEFORE SERVING
After whipping up the Coleslaw Dressing, tightly cover the bowl (without the coleslaw mix) and refrigerate for 24 hours. The flavors will blend together to produce an amazing taste.
To obtain calories and nutritional information by weight, visit popular online nutritional calculator, myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
- 2-1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar divided
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice divided
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt More or less as preferred.
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper More or less as preferred.
- 1 bag (14 or 16 ounces) Coleslaw Mix I used one bag (16 ounces) of Tri-Color Coleslaw Mix.
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, vinegar, coarse ground black pepper, and salt until smooth and creamy.
- Taste a sample. If desired, add remaining 1/2 tablespoon of sugar and 1/2 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice. Whisk together until smooth and creamy.
- Taste again. If desired, add more of each ingredient.
- Cover bowl of dressing (without coleslaw mix) with a lid. Refrigerate 24 hours so flavors will meld together overnight.
- Empty one bag of Coleslaw Mix into a medium bowl. Cover with chilled Coleslaw Dressing and stir with a spoon until well combined.
- Sprinkle top with celery seeds (optional).
- Serve immediately.