Green Sauce is a creamy condiment loaded with diced jalapeno peppers, garlic and few additional ingredients.
Quick and easy to make in a blender.
DISCLAIMER (NOT SPONSORED): I have not been paid to endorse any product shown on this page.
Delighted to share the ingredients I purchased and used to make this delicious condiment.
All comments are my own.
This savory dish contains Italian parsley which creates the beautiful green color. Cilantro is a good substitute.
Italian parsley, jalapeno, salt, coarse ground black pepper, mayo, lemon for fresh lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil.
Although the recipe calls for 3 cloves of garlic, use only 1 clove if that’s what you prefer.
This recipe calls for one garlic clove which provides a good amount of garlic flavor. If you prefer LOTS of garlic, use 3 cloves.
PLACE INGREDIENTS IN BLENDER
“Blend” to desired consistency.
Green Sauce is ready to serve!
It’s perfect for dipping crispy chicken wings, tortillas, corn chips or whatever you like. Excellent also good slathered on a burger.
Calories and nutritional information not included with recipes on this site.
A popular online nutritional calculator is myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
- 1 clove garlic Use 3 cloves for an intense garlic flavor.
- 3 tablespoons extra vigin olive oil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or use Miracle Whip
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more or less as preferred
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper (optional) more or less as preferred
- 1 jalapeno seeds and ribs removed (keep if more heat is preferred)
- 1 bunch Italian parsley or cilantro, stems removed Use 2 bunches if more thickness is preferred.
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Blend until satisfied with consistency.
- Pour into a bowl. Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving. Sauce will slightly thicken while cooling.