Garlic Zucchini Spears are garlicky, savory and delicious.
Easy to make with simple ingredients.
Pairs well with Roasted Spatchcock Herb Chicken.
CLICK HERE TO PIN ON PINTEREST.
EDITOR’S NOTE (September 5, 2022): I posted this recipe for the first time on May 11, 2020. Today, I edited the info to make it easier to understand.
WHAT IS ZUCCHINI?
Zucchini is a young fruit (not a vegetable).
Categorized as a type of summer squash.
Colors range from a dark, emerald green to a yellowish hue.
It belongs to the Cucurbitaceae plant family, along with cucumbers and gourds.
It has a short growing season compared to other fruits on the vine, zucchini is best enjoyed June through August.
Readily available in grocery stores and farmers markets during the summer months.
ZUCCHINI HAS A MILD SWEET TASTE
However, the taste changes with different cooking methods.
Sauté in olive oil with a little garlic, and it becomes crispy and savory.
Purée and bake in muffins, and it becomes sweet.
Zucchini is a nutritious and popular ingredient in a variety of recipes.
Fresh zucchini is high in nutrients and low in carbs.
For this recipe, slice into spears as shown in photo.
Sprinkle smashed garlic over zucchini spears before cooking.
Calories and nutritional information not included with recipes on this site.
A popular online nutritional calculator is myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
Garlic Zucchini Spears
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 each fresh zucchinis
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 each fresh garlic cloves crushed/chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped (optional) use for garnish
- Wash fresh zucchini in warm salty water. Rinse in warm clear water. Pat dry with paper towels. Cut each zucchini in half. Cut each half into 2 spears. Will have 4 thin spears for each zucchini and 8 total.
- Place a large a non-stick pan over low-medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil and salt. Use spatula to spread over pan.
- Add zucchini spears cut side down. Cook for 5 minutes. Flip to opposite cut side. Cook 4 to 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle smashed garlic over spears. Flip spears over and cook 1-2 minutes or until garlic is aromatic and spears are golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle with chopped/fresh cilantro. Serve hot.
2 thoughts on “Garlic Zucchini Spears”
Oh my goodness!!!! Ion no where I’ve been but I just struck Goooooooooold~~~ I was looking for salmon patties cuz mine always fall apart and found the treasure of your Aunt. I’m a pretty good cook but my Momma died when I was 8 so I didn’t have lovin’ hands to teach me…Please note my email address and hit me when your book comes out. Thank you for being you…May our God grant you continued favor and success in all your endeavors. In appreciation….Denise
Thank you for visiting my blog and for the wonderful blessing!
My condolences. I truly understand because my mom passed when I was 19
and my grandma passed when I was 20. The salmon patties have received
lots of compliments. I hope you enjoy them as well!
I’ll keep you updated on my cookbook. Added your email address
to my weekly newsletter distribution list.