Easy Apple Pie has a thick layer of seasoned apples in a flaky pie crust.
This satisfying dessert is quick and easy to make with simple ingredients.
Perfect for when you need a sweet treat to satisfy the proverbial sweet tooth.
EDITOR’S NOTE (September 5, 2022): I posted this recipe for the first time on August 4, 2019. Today, I edited the info to make it easier to understand.
DISCLAIMER (NOT SPONSORED): I have not been paid to endorse pictured products.
Delighted to share the ingredients I purchased and used to make this delicious dessert.
All comments are my own.
INTERESTING APPLE PIE FACTS
According to Smithsonian Magazine, the first recorded apple pie recipe was written in 1381 in England. It called for apples, figs, raisins, pears, and saffron.
The early apple pie recipes didn’t include sugar.
THE PIE CRUST
For this recipe, I used a store-bought pie crust because it saves time and tastes good.
If you prefer a homemade from scratch crust, read this informative article by Martha Stewart.
APPLE PIE FILLING
This recipe calls for two cans (20 ounces each) of apple pie filling.
This recipe calls for 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
Excellent alternatives for traditional ground cinnamon in my opinon.
Ground cinnamon can be substituted for ground nutmeg if that’s what you prefer.
Top each serving with real whipped cream (pictured) or a generous scoop of cold vanilla ice cream.
Calories and nutritional information not included with recipes on this site.
A popular online nutritional calculator is myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
Easy Apple Pie
- 1 pie crust Homemade or store-bought.
- 2 cans (20 oz. each) apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg Or use ground cinnamon.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 medium egg plus 1 tablespoon water (beaten together) Egg wash for pie crust.
- real whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pierce bottom of unbaked pie crust with fork. Place in hot oven for 5-7 minutes or until crust is puffy.
- While pie crust is in oven, empty apple pie filling into a bowl. Add vanilla extract, nutmeg (or use cinnamon), sugar, and melted/unsalted butter.
- Apples are tender. To avoid breaking, gently toss to combine.
- Remove pie crust from oven. Pour in apple mixture. Brush edges of pie crust with egg wash.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes OR until apples are bubbly and crust is golden brown.
- After baking, serve hot or allow pie to cool and serve topped with real whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.