EDITOR’S NOTE (March 20, 2020): Updated text and posted revised YouTube video.
DIY Hand Sanitizer Wipes are part of my DIY Safety Kit. Both are simple, effective and easy to make at home.
The kit has travel-size bottles of REAL hand sanitizer and REAL Lysol (or a similar product), and other useful items.
The safety kit easily fits in a backpack, purse, vehicle’s glove compartment, or desk drawer.
Perfect for emergencies or any situation in which wipes are needed.
Use DIY Hand Sanitizer Wipes to clean telephones (or cell phones), desktop, gas pumps, grocery carts, kitchen countertops, toilet seats, etc. Discard in trash after using. Do not flush down toilet.
I got the this idea after a recent trip to the grocery store. There were no disinfectant wipes to clean the grocery cart. I always clean my shopping cart!
Fortunately, I had folded paper towels in my purse to use. Did they kill germs? I’m sure wiping helped!
The lack of disinfectant wipes in the grocery store birthed this idea! Delighted to share with you.
DIY Hand Sanitizer: Why you should NOT make your own
The Centers of Disease Control recommends with soap and water. Only use when you don’t have access to soap and water.
The purpose of this simple and effective idea is to help you maintain self-care while away from home.
The DIY Safety Kit contains absorbent paper towels (not tissues), travel size bottles of REAL hand sanitizer, Lysol (or a similar product), 3 pairs of vinyl gloves, a face mask and a travel size bar of soap.
DIY Hand Sanitizer Wipes are made with absorbent paper towels (not tissues) soaked in REAL hand sanitizer or Lysol (or a similar product).
When needed, simply remove dry paper towel(s) from “kit” and soak.
Do not pre-soak paper towels because they will get dry.
DIY Hand Sanitzer Wipes
- 5 each paper towels, durable and absorbent avoid tissues (too soft)
- 1 each Hand Sanitizer travel size
- 1 bottle Lysol or Pine Sol
- 1 each spray bottle small travel size
- 3 pair vinyl examination gloves
- 2 each face mask
- 1 bar hand soap travel size
- 1 each zippered plastic bag, quart size or a plastic/lidded container
- Neatly assemble each item in a zippered bag or small plastic/lidded container.
- Add more dry paper towels if desired.
- When needed, remove dry paper towel(s) from "kit" and soak with REAL hand sanitizer or spray with Lysol (or similar product).
- After using, discard in trash. Do not flush down toilet.
- After each use, replenish. Discard old zippered bag. Replace with new.
- If using a lidded container, thoroughly wash and dry before replenishing.