I created a DIY Disinfectant Travel Kit to help us stay safe during the pandemic. Simple and easy to make.
Watch video tutorial uploaded in recipe notes (end of page). Click here to PIN on Pinterest.
The kit contains 4 items enclosed in a zippered bag. Easily fits in a handbag, backpack, and an automobile’s glove compartment.
DISCLOSURE: Items featured on this page are not sponsored endorsements. I have not received payment nor free products.
The DIY Disinfectant Travel Kit contains the following four essential items:
1. Travel-size bottle of disinfectant spray.
2. Five (or more) absorbent paper towels.
3. One pair of vinyl gloves.
4. One face mask.
Add several of each item if desired.
I make sure a kit is in my handbag before leaving home to run errands (especially grocery shopping).
The essentials are handy when out running errands. Use to clean shopping carts, gas pumps, door handles, toilet seats, etc.
I used this brand to fill the travel-size spray bottle. Purchased on sale at Dollar General. Please leave a comment with your favorite brand. Would love to know!
What is the difference between sanitizers, disinfectants and cleaners?
According to nycoproducts.com, sanitizers reduce bacteria on a surface by at least 99.9%. Disinfectants kill a wider range of microorganisms than sanitizers. Cleaners simply remove dirt, soils and impurities from surfaces.
I like wearing these vinyl examination gloves which are also in the kit.
A face mask is an essential item when away from home. Make one or more or buy some!
All four essential items are packaged in a zippered bag which completes your DIY Disinfectant Travel Kit.
Also check out my DIY Hand Sanitizer Wipes.
I’m staying prayed up, positive and very productive while sheltering-in-place. Trouble doesn’t last always. God is in control no matter what it looks like.
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1 (KJV)
Prayer is working when situations look ugly. I walk by faith, not by sight. I choose to trust God Who has the power to produce miraculous solutions. I’m also using common sense with social distancing and sheltering-in-place. Practicing good common sense helps a LOT!
Faith works in the invisible spiritual realm… before we see the manifestation. I keep my faith strong by mentally visualizing the victory, praying and meditating on scriptures.
I also limit how much news I watch! How are you staying positive? Please share in comments section.
Pray every day. Stay safe. Stay positive. Stay productive. I am!
DIY Disinfectant Travel Kit
- 1 travel-size spray bottle
- 1/3 cup Lysol or Pine Sol Antibacterial Disinfectant Or preferred brand.
- 5-10 each absorbent paper towels Torn from roll and folded together.
- 1 pair vinyl gloves Add more if desired.
- 1 each face mask
- 1 each zippered bag Measures 7" x 8" with zipped closure.
- Rinse travel-size spray bottle and top. Fill with 1/3 cup of antibacterial disinfectant. Wipe bottle dry with paper towels.
- Place travel-size spray bottle filled with disinfectant, folded paper towels (5-10), vinyl gloves and face mask in zippered bag. This is your Disinfectant Travel Kit. Make several if desired.
- Keep one in handbag, backpack and/or automobile's glove compartment. Use when needed. Comes in handy while running errands. Use to clean shopping carts, gas pumps, door handles, toilet seats, etc.