Creamy Cucumber Salad with Dill Sour Cream Dressing is a savory side dish loaded with fresh veggies served in a crisp lettuce bowl.
DISCLAIMER (NOT SPONSORED): I have not been paid to endorse any pictured product.
Delighted to share the ingredients I purchased and used to make this delicious side dish.
All comments are my own.
If preferred, use only sliced cucumbers to make this refreshing salad.
Keep this recipe to use during the summer months and garden cucumbers are abundant.
SCORE CUCUMBERS TO CREATE A PRETTY DESIGN
Garden cucumbers, common in grocery stores, have a dark green skin that’s very bitter. Peel before using.
Read more about cucumbers on TheSpruceEats.com.
The recipe contains two garden cucumbers that have been peeled and scored with a fork to create a pretty design.
Slice to desired thickness.
This salad is easy to make with a few simple ingredients.
FRESH DILL WEED
Chopped fresh dill weed provides a pleasant tangy flavor to the Dill Sour Cream Dressing.
DILL SOUR CREAM DRESSING
The Dill Sour Cream Dressing is thick when the salad is served immediately.
After about 1 hour in the fridge, water from the cucumbers will cause the Dill Sour Cream Dressing to become thin. It’s still good!
Add more seasonings if desired.
Creamy Cucumber Salad pairs well with grilled chicken, fish, burgers, barbecue and Cajun Blackened Salmon.
The Dill Sour Cream Dressing is a tasty dip for smoked/barbecue ribs, corn chips, potato chips, Ritz crackers or whatever you prefer.
Calories and nutritional information not included with recipes on this site.
A popular online nutritional calculator is myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
Creamy Cucumber Salad
- 2 large garden cucumbers
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onions (optional)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green bell pepper (optional) ribs and seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red pepper (optional) ribs and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup sour cream full-fat or reduced fat
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 2-1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more or less as preferred
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper to taste more or less as preferred
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- 3 lettuce leaves for each serving (optional)
- Peel cucumbers.
- Score with a fork to create a pretty design (optional). Slice "coins" in desired thickness.
- In medium bowl, combine sliced cucumbers, chopped red peppers (if using), bell peppers (if using) and red onions (if using). Set aside.
- In separate medium bowl, whisk together sour cream and lemon juice. Season with preferred amounts of salt and coarse ground black pepper, plus onion powder (if using). Whisk together again until well combined.
- Taste a sample. If necessary season a little more with preferred ingredients.
- Pour over the cucumber mixture. and stir lightly until evenly coated.
Thick Dill Sour Cream Dressing
- Serve in a lettuce leaf (looks like a bowl). Makes about 3 servings.
- If served immediately, the Dill Sour Cream Dressing will be thick.
Thin Dill Sour Cream Dressing
- Cover bowl with a tight lid. Refrigerate at least one hour before serving. The water from the cucumbers will create a Thin Dill Sour Cream Dressing. The flavor will be good. Add more seasonings if desired.