Cream Cheese Cake Mix Cookies are soft and buttery with a mild sweetness.
Rainbow sprinkles add pops of pretty color.
Quick and easy to make with a box of yellow cake mix and a few additional ingredients.
Recipe makes 20 to 24 cookies depending on size.
EDITOR’S NOTE (September 21, 2022): I posted this recipe for the first time on October 18, 2018. Today, I updated the info to make it easier to understand.
DISCLOSURE (SPONSORED): In 2018, I contacted General Mills to request complimentary boxes of cake mix. The company shipped promptly.
I have not been paid to endorse their products nor any pictured product shown on this page. All comments are my own.
Yellow cake mix, pure vanilla extract, one egg, unsalted butter, and a package of cream cheese.
DECORATE WITH SPRINKLES
Sprinkle each cookie with sprinkles to add pretty spots of color.
In my adjusted version, the cookie dough is rolled in sprinkles instead of powdered sugar.
Use a large spoon or hand mixer to cream together cream cheese (softened), one stick of unsalted butter (softened), one egg, and one teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
Use a large spoon or hand mixer to stir in yellow cake mix.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls or larger if preferred.
Arrange cookie balls on ungreased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
Flatten lightly with fingertips.
Cover top with sprinkles (optional).
BAKE IN PREHEATED OVEN
Bake 12 to 15 minutes OR until soft and puffy.
When they are done, they will appear under baked.
Baking too long will make them dry.
COOL ON RACK
Immediately after removing cookies from oven, place on rack or large platter to cool.
Cream Cheese Cake Mix Cookies will become “slightly” firm while cooling.
MY AUNT LOVES THESE COOKIES
Immediately after baking the first batch of cookies, my precious aunt tasted one of the cookies. She liked the soft texture and mild sweetness.
To obtain calories and nutritional information by weight, visit popular online nutritional calculator myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
Cream Cheese Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup (or 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened Do not use margarine.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 box (15.25 oz.) yellow cake mix I used Betty Crocker's yellow cake mix.
- colorful sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In medium sized bowl, combine softened cream cheese, softened butter, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. Use a large spoon or a hand mixer (medium speed).
- Pour in dry cake mix. Use a heavy spoon or hand mixer to thoroughly combine.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls or larger if preferred.
- Flatten lightly. Cover each cookie with sprinkles (if using).
- Place 1" apart on a cookie sheet that's ungreased or line with parchment paper.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes OR until soft and puffy. Baked cookies will be very tender and will look like they're not done. They will firm "slightly" while cooling. Avoid over baking because the cookies will be dry.
- Immediately remove hot cookies from pan and place on rack or large platter to cool.
- Makes 20 to 24 cookies depending on size.