Cornbread Bundt Cake is cornbread baked in a Bundt pan.
Crusty outside. Moist inside.
Makes a lovely presentation on the dinner table.
Also, a great gift idea for individuals who prefer savory cakes.
CLICK HERE TO PIN ON PINTEREST.
EDITOR’S NOTE (October 18, 2022): I created this recipe in 2014. Published for the first time on July 11, 2018. Today, I added nutritional information.
If desired, make my Homemade White Cornbread (no sugar).
Season with bacon drippings or cracklings.
After making the batter, follow instructions on this recipe (below).
DECORATE THE CENTER
To make a lovely presentation, fill center with a small bowl of glazed meatballs, chicken nuggets, shredded barbecue, cooked collards, veggies, salad, etc.
INSPIRING BACK STORY
There was a time when my blog was super stagnant.
I prayed for creative ideas.
The first flash of inspiration was to bake cornbread in a Bundt pan.
My budget was super tight. I needed a Bundt pan.
A family member sold me a used Bundt pan for $5 and I could afford to pay.
I was happy to own the dented and scratched up pan!
Immediately used it to make my first Cornbread Bundt Cake.
I posted a photo on social media with a link to the recipe on this blog.
Blog traffic increased dramatically and so did the comments on a variety of other recipes.
My food blog began to thrive and was soon monetized. Thank You Jesus!
For that reason, my old scratchy pan is a priceless treasure.
It pays to PRAY and never give up on your dream(s).
BAKING TIPS FOR CAST-IRON FLUTED CAKE PAN
Always grease the cast-iron fluted cake pan with shortening (not vegetable oil) to help thoroughly bake the crust and to prevent cornbread from sticking to the pan.
Do not grease with vegetable oil because it’s too light which will cause the cornbread to stick.
After using, wash thoroughly. Wipe dry with a dry dish cloth.
Gently grease with vegetable oil to prevent dark spots from forming and to
keep it looking good.
Cornbread Bundt Cake with a small bowl of mac ‘n cheese in the middle.
Makes a delicious presentation.
To obtain calories and nutritional information by weight, visit popular online nutritional calculator myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
Cornbread Bundt Cake
- 1 cup self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour, sifted See recipe notes for all-purpose flour.
- 1/4 cup corn muffin mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil for cast iron bundt pan. Vegetable oil cooking spray for aluminum bundt pan.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In medium sized bowl, combine cornmeal mix, flour, corn muffin mix, and sugar (if using), one beaten egg, and buttermilk. Stir until smooth and pourable. Small lumps okay. Set aside.
- Grease a CAST IRON fluted bundt pan with vegetable oil (better than cooking spray). Place in hot oven for 5 minutes to warm oil.
- Grease or spray a 6-cup ALUMINUM bundt pan with vegetable oil. Place in hot oven for 5 minutes to warm oil.
- Wear an oven mitt or use a thick towel to remove HOT bundt pan from HOT oven. Stir batter. Pour (or spoon) batter into bundt pan. It will not fill pan.
- Reduce oven to 325 for CAST IRON fluted cake pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes OR until knife inserted in center comes out clean and cornbread is golden brown on top. See recipe notes for more helpful baking in cast iron tips.
- Reduce oven to 350 for ALUMINUM bundt pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes OR until knife inserted in center comes out clean and cornbread is golden brown on top.
- Rest 10 minutes before turning out on a plate.
- Superb slathered with butter, honey, or maple syrup.
3 thoughts on “Cornbread Bundt Cake”
Look at those lovely cast iron bundt pans.
I found my 2 bundt pans at my local thrift store a Wagner Ware (b), and a vintage Lodge bundt which is the same one you have but older. Got them both for 6 dollars. Any way Ii’m making corn bread bundt pan style with your corn bread recipe.
Clifford, congrats on your awesome bargains. I hope you enjoy the cornbread bundt cake as much as we do.
Thanks for providing a yummy Bundt cornbread recipe that doesn’t have a “bucket” of sugar in it