You will love the unique appearance and delicious taste of Cloud Eggs. These puffy baked egg whites with a creamy yolk center, are usually served for breakfast on buttery brioche toast.
Cloud Eggs are an internet sensation. Very popular on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. I discovered them during a google search for popular recipes. Decided to give ’em a try and share the results with you.
Although there are several recipes online, I decided to try Food Network’s recipe. I added my own twists by using a LOT of black pepper. Served on toasted wheat bread instead of brioche.
If desired, add crumbled cooked bacon or chopped deli ham. I must tell you I LOVE scrambled cheese and eggs with a passion. So, I sprinkled a little shredded cheddar cheese on one Cloud Egg. Delicious results.
Enjoy this fun recipe!
- non-stick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 large eggs
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 2 slices toasted wheat or brioche bread Brioche bread is a popular choice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and coat with nonstick cooking spray. OR spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Separate the eggs. Pour whites into a medium-sized bowl. Keep yolks in egg shells. Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 3 to 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Drop 2 large spoonfuls of whipped egg whites onto the prepared baking sheet. Use back of large spoon to make a small well in the middle of each.
- Bake whipped whites until firm, no longer wet and just beginning brown. This will take about 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Carefully pour 1 yolk into the well of each white.
- Bake 3 to 4 minutes until yolk's edges start to set, but are still runny. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve on top of buttered wheat or brioche toast.