Chocolate Cream Cheese Pound Cake is moist, chocolatey and delicious.
Easy to make with a box of triple chocolate fudge cake mix (or regular chocolate cake mix) and a few additional ingredients.
EDITOR’S NOTE (September 14, 2022): Posted this recipe for the first time January 27, 2020. Today, I added new photos and updated recipe by adding triple chocolate fudge cake mix as an ingredient.
DISCLOSURE (NOT SPONSORED): I have not been paid to endorse pictured products.
Delighted to share the ingredients I purchased and used to make this delicious dessert.
All comments are my own.
WHAT IS A POUND CAKE?
Technically, Chocolate Cream Cheese Pound Cake is not a real pound cake. The weight (close to a pound) is the inspiration for the name “pound cake.”
THE CAKE MIX
One box (15.25) ounces of triple chocolate fudge cake mix (pictured) or use a box of regular chocolate cake mix.
One package (8 ounces) cream cheese, 1 stick unsalted butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and pure vanilla extract (2 teaspoons).
4 eggs and 1/2 cup water
Generously grease Bundt pan with Baker’s Joy (pictured).
Vegetable oil is a good alternative.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
PREPARE THE BATTER
In large bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. With mixer on low speed, mix together until well combined.
Mixture will be thin.
TEST FOR DONENESS
Test for doneness by gently pressing a knife (I used plastic) or bamboo skewer in center all the way to bottom. If it comes out clean, cake is done.
A toothpick is too short because it only pierces the top.
This Chocolate Cream Cheese Pound Cake is a variation of my Cream Cheese Pound Cake (made with a yellow cake mix).
Before serving, sprinkle pound cake (half or whole) with powdered sugar.
Arrange slices around a small bowl of cherry fruit (in juice).
Calories and nutritional information not included with recipes on this site.
A popular online nutritional calculator is myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Baking Spray with flour to grease Bundt pan Or use vegetable oil.
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 box (15.25 ounces) triple chocolate fudge cake mix Or use chocolate cake mix.
- 1 can (20 ounces) cherry pie filling Use for garnish (optional).
- powdered sugar Use for garnish (optional).
- Use a folded paper towel soaked in vegetable oil to thoroughly grease a standard-sized bundt pan. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. With mixer on low speed, mix together until well combined (about 1 minute). Mixture will be thin.
- Add unsalted/melted butter, water and cake mix. With mixer on low speed, mix together just until combined (about 2 minutes). Batter will be thick and creamy. Set aside.
- Spoon batter into prepared Bundt pan. Smooth top with back of spoon. Batter will not fill pan. Allows room for cake to rise.
- Bake on 40-45 minutes OR until top springs back when lightly pressed. Or press a knife in center all the way down touching bottom. If it comes out clean, cake is done. A toothpick is too short. Only pierces top.
- Cool 30 minutes before turning out onto a large plate. Delicious warm.
- MUCH BETTER after 24 hours in fridge. Place cooled cake in a container with a tight lid. Place in fridge (not freezer). Enjoy cold!
- Pour cherry pie filling into a small bowl. Place in center of cake before serving. Makes a lovely presentation. Top individual servings with a small scoop for those who prefer it.
- Before serving, sprinkle top of cake with powdered sugar (optional).