Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies are chewy on the inside and slightly crisp around the edges. Pairs well with a cold glass of milk.
Easy recipe includes tips for making a chewy or cake-like texture.
CLICK HERE TO PIN ON PINTEREST.
DISCLAIMER (NOT SPONSORED): I have not been paid to endorse pictured product.
Delighted to share what I purchased and used to make these delicious cookies. All comments are my own.
HOW TO PREPARE ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR FOR RECIPE
If flour is NOT properly prepared, it will be too much. As a result, the Chocolate Chip Cookies will be thick and dry with a very bad taste.
This recipe calls for 2-1/4 cups of all-purpose flour. To obtain the best cookies, be sure to sift, spoon and level BEFORE using.
Scroll down to read easy instructions.
HOW TO SIFT, SPOON AND LEVEL FLOUR
Place a sifter over a bowl or plate. Pour in 2-1/2 cups of flour into a hand sifter. This is more than recipe calls for.
Sift all of flour. Discard hard particles remaining in sifter.
Gently spoon a tall heap of flour into the measuring cup.
Level off with smooth end of knife.
Repeat until you have 2-1/4 cups of flour for the recipe.
Return leftover flour to the bag or container.
THE CHOCOLATE MORSELS
This recipe calls for 2 cups of chocolate morsels, same as a 12-ounce package. The brand I use (pictured) has no artificial flavors or colors, no preservatives and the morsels are gluten free. Found this helpful info on the back of the package. NOT a paid endorsement.
Keep packaged chocolate morsels away from young children. Their hard and small which may be difficult to for them to swallow.
Store morsels in a cool, dry place (60-70 degrees F). Heat and humidity can cause a whitish appearance on the morsels. This natural reaction is called bloom. Thankfully, it disappears when melted and does not affect the flavor and quality.
HOW TO MAKE A CHEWY COOKIE
The key to a chewy cookie, is to thoroughly chill the dough before baking.
If the dough is NOT chilled before serving, the baked cookies will turn golden brown and have a soft, cake-like texture.
After preparing dough, cover bowl. Refrigerate for 4 hours up to overnight before baking to firmly chill.
I like to roll the dough into a log and cover with plastic wrap before placing in fridge.
After preparing dough, cover bowl. Refrigerate for 4 hours up to overnight before baking. Chilled dough is perfect for making soft, chewy cookies.
Remove chilled dough from fridge. Scoop with a large spoon and arrange on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes in a preheated oven (375 degrees F).
Since oven temps vary, baking time may also vary. Watch closely to prevent burning.
Bake until edges turn golden brown and chocolate morsels have melted. Cookies will look like they’re not done. Cool in pan 2 minutes. Remove and continue cooling on a rack.
To obtain calories and nutritional information by weight, visit popular online nutritional calculator, myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator. No need to type each ingredient.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 hand mixer or use a stand mixer
- 1 cookie sheet
- 1 cooling rack
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour Sifted, spooned and leveled.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda Make sure it's active.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar I used light brown sugar.
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract Tastes MUCH better than Imitation Vanilla Exract.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels Same as a 12-ounce package.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour (sifted, spooned and leveled), baking soda and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Use a hand mixer to beat until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beat well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture one cup at a time.
- Use a large spoon to stir in chocolate morsels.
- After preparing dough, cover bowl. Refrigerate for 4 hours up to overnight before baking. Chilled dough is perfect for making soft, chewy cookies. Remove chilled dough from fridge. Continue with next step.
- Drop onto ungreased baking sheet by rounded tablespoon. Bake 8 to 10 minutes OR until edges are golden brown and chocolate chips have melted.
- Chewy cookies will look like they're not done. Immediately remove pan from oven. Cool cookies in pan 2 minutes. Remove and continue cooling on a rack.
- Makes about 60 cookies.