Banana Cake Muffins are moist, tender with an amazing flavor and a cake-like texture.
Easy to make from scratch.
DISCLAIMER (NOT SPONSORED): I have not been paid to endorse pictured products.
Delighted to share the ingredients I purchased and used to make these delicious Banana Cake Muffins.
All comments are my own.
Delighted to share with you the results of a successful experiment.
Here’s the scoop.
A few months ago, I used 1 cup of all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup of cake flour to make Banana Bread. Baked in a muffin tin instead of a loaf pan.
Excellent results! The cake-like texture is melt-in-your-mouth good.
Must try at least once.
All-purpose flour, cake flour, baking soda, salt, granulated sugar, pure vanilla extract (tastes better than imitation), overripe bananas, unsalted butter, and a large egg.
Plus, no-stick spray or vegetable oil to grease muffin tin.
An ingredient in this recipe is 1/2 cup of cake flour.
Cake flour, specially formulated for cake baking, gives cakes high volume, fine texture and delicate tenderness.
It makes Banana Cake Muffins moist and tender.
HOW TO MEASURE FLOUR
Too much flour will make the muffins thick and dry with an unpleasant taste. Thankfully, it’s easy to measure.
This recipe calls for 1 cup of all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup of cake flour. Here’s how to measure both to get the right amount:
Place sifter over a bowl. Pour in 2 cups of all-purpose flour and sift. Discard hard particles left in sifter.
Lightly dip spoon into sifted flour and pile high into the measuring cup. Level off with smooth end of knife.
Pour into separate medium bowl. Return leftover flour to the bag or container.
Pour 1 cup of cake flour into the sifter and repeat the steps.
Generously grease each muffin cup and top of tin with no-stick spray or vegetable oil.
I used this muffin tin to bake a total of 12 muffins.
Since some tins have nine cups, the number of baked muffins will vary.
Use this recipe to make 36 to 48 mini muffins.
The total depends on how much batter is poured into each cup.
Following are two ways to fill a mini muffin cup:
1. Pour batter into cup until it is 1/2 full.
The baked minis will not overflow. Each will rise with a rounded top.
2. To create a dramatic look, add enough batter to completely fill each cup.
While baking, the batter will rise up and out of the cup.
Cool at least 5 minutes before removing from tin.
BANANA CAKE MINI MUFFIN “HATS”
The baked mini muffins will resemble cute hats when turned upside down.
To obtain calories and nutritional information by weight, visit popular online nutritional calculator, myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
Banana Cake Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour Sifted, spooned and leveled.
- 1/2 cup cake flour Sifted, spooned and leveled.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract Tastes better than Imitation Vanilla Extract.
- 3 large overripe bananas The best are soft with dark spots.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg beaten
- No-Stick Spray To grease muffin tin. Or use vegetable oil.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place sifter over a bowl. Pour in 2 cups of all-purpose flour and sift. Discard hard particles left in sifter. Lightly dip spoon into sifted flour and pile high into the measuring cup. Level off with smooth end of knife.
- Pour into separate DRY medium bowl. Return leftover flour to the bag or container. Pour 1 cup of cake flour into the sifter and repeat the steps.
- Add baking soda and salt to the all-purpose flour and cake flour in the medium bowl. Thoroughly combine with a DRY whisk.
- Whisk in granulated sugar (1 cup plus two tablespoons).
- Add vanilla extract, overripe bananas, melted butter, and beaten egg. Use a spoon to stir together until well combined. Small banana lumps are okay.
- Generously grease muffin tin with No-Stick Spray or vegetable oil.
- If making regular muffins, add enough batter to fill each cup.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes OR until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Watch closely to prevent burning.
- Allow to cool at least 5 minutes before removing from tin.
- Serve warm. Even better after 24 hours in fridge.
- STORAGE TIP: Place cooled muffins in a zippered bag and refrigerate for up to 4 days.