Homemade Banana Bread is a tender, moist dessert loaded with banana flavor.
Easy to make from scratch with simple ingredients.
Although delicious warm, tastes much better after 24 hours in the fridge.
CLICK HERE TO PIN ON PINTEREST
EDITOR’S NOTE (December 11, 2022): Changed name from Homemade Banana Bread to Banana Bread. Added nutritional facts.
DISCLAIMER (NOT SPONSORED). I have not been paid to endorse products pictured on this page. Delighted to share the ingredients I purchased and used to make this delicious recipe.
This thoroughly baked, warm banana bread was made with dark-mushy overripe bananas.
Overripe Bananas add moisture and flavor to Homemade Banana Bread.
The best bananas to use are very soft with brown spots.
TASTES BETTER AFTER 24 HOURS IN FRIDGE
Although warm banana bread is good, it tastes even better after 24 hours in the fridge.
Cool banana bread. Wrap in foil or place in a container and seal shut. Refrigerate 24 hours. The flavors meld together. Tastes amazing.
BAKING SODA TIP
A key ingredient in Homemade Banana Bread is fresh baking soda.
If the baking soda has been sitting in the pantry for a month or two, test it to make sure it’s effective… before using in the recipe.
Drop 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in 1/4 cup of white distilled vinegar.
A vigorous fizzle means it’s fresh and ready to use.
Do not use if it fizzes lightly or not at all.
Serve with a pineapple ring and a dollop of cold Cool Whip.
Also pairs well with crushed pineapples and creamy vanilla ice cream.
To obtain calories and nutritional information by weight, visit not popular online nutritional calculator is myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator. No need to type each ingredient.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour sifted, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar Use 3/4 cup for more sweetness.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 medium overripe bananas, mashed Very soft, dark brown bananas are best.
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter (not margarine) not margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- vegetable oil cooking spray Or grease loaf pan with unsalted butter or vegetable oil.
- 1 overripe banana, sliced lengthwise optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium size bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add sugar and stir until well combined.
- Add vanilla, mashed bananas, melted butter (unsalted), beaten egg, and chopped walnuts (if using). Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Thoroughly grease bottom and sides of a loaf pan (8 x 5 x 3) with vegetable oil cooking spray, vegetable oil, or butter.
- Pour in batter. Place two banana slice on top. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Although delicious warm, tastes much better after 24 hours in the fridge.
- After baking, cool completely. Place in sealed container or zippered freezer bag. Refrigerate overnight. Slice and serve cold!
19 thoughts on “Banana Bread”
Made this yesterday and it came out perfect! It was moist and delicious and VERY simple to make! I’m eating a piece now and can’t stop! LOL
I made this yesterday and it came out sooo moist and tasty! It was fast and simple…my favorite way to bake! LOL
Hi Janis! Thank you for sharing your positive results. Greatly appreciated.
Hi Ann! You’ve been added to my email subscription list. Thank you for your interest. Happy holidays!
Can these be baked in mini pans and how long do you bake it for?
Hi Beverly! Although I’ve never baked this banana bread in a mini-pan, my “guess” is yes. Mini banana bread loaves are popular! I would keep baking temp the same. Check after 20-25 minutes. Insert knife. If it comes out clean, remove from oven. Keep baking if knife has batter on it. Check regularly to prevent burning/over baking. Happy holidays!
I am going shopping in two days and will definetly make these. I have a big muffin pan though. I enjoy low carb foods.Thanx for posting this !!
You’re welcome! I hope you enjoy as much as we do. Thank you for visiting my blog. Please come again!
At least just one time before you die, lol, you have to try sprinkling the top of the batter before you bake it, or bottom, with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar! Lord have mercy! It’ll make your tongue wanna slap your brains out! Lol
Wow! I’ve gotta try that. Thanks for the tip and for making me laugh. 🙂
I so enjoy your site and your recipes. Would you please consider adding a print option so we can enjoy your recipes a little more easily. Thank you.
Rose Martine, thank you for the kind words and for visiting my blog. A print option is available on each recipe. Simply tap the printer icon on the right side of the recipe’s name. I just tried and it worked for me. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
I’m always looking for lighter chicken recipes. This looks like a good one to try!
Second time I have tried this dish – absolutely delicious! Thanks ever so much for this.
Banana bread is a favorite! This is an excellent recipe.