7UP Pound Cake is an old-fashioned delicious cake with a mild lemon flavor.
The leavening agent in this famous dessert is 7Up Cola.
Easy to make with a few simple ingredients.
DISCLAIMER (NOT SPONSORED): I have not been paid to endorse 7UP nor any product shown on this page.
Delighted to share the ingredients I purchased and used to make this delicious dessert.
All comments are my own.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF 7UP IN A POUND CAKE?
The 7Up has enough carbonation to make the pound cake rise.
It replaces traditional leavening agents: baking soda and baking powder.
WILL SPRITE WORK?
No. Although Sprite is clear and bubbly just like 7Up, it does not work in this recipe due to insufficient carbonation. Do not use it as a substitute.
Use only 7UP because it has more carbonation. Perfect in this pound cake.
WHAT IS CAKE FLOUR?
This recipe calls for 3 cups of cake flour.
Cake flour is specifically formulated for baking cakes with a fine texture and a delicate tenderness.
Although it’s pre-sifted, I always sift, spoon and level before using.
For best results, use unsalted butter (not margarine).
HOW TO PROPERLY GREASE BUNDT PAN
I use Baker’s Joy, baking spray with flour.
Easy and efficient to use. No mess.
Thoroughly grease bottom, sides and around the pan’s center tube.
TEST FOR DONENESS
Use a long knife (or wooden skewer).
Gently touch the bottom to avoid scratching the pan.
Pound cake is done if it comes out clean.
Calories and nutritional information not included with recipes on this site.
A popular online nutritional calculator is myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
7Up Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup (3 sticks) unsalted butter softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar room temperature
- 5 large eggs room temperature
- 3 cups cake flour sifted, spooned and leveled
- 1/2 cups 7-Up Cola Full flavor. Not diet cola.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon etract
- Baker's Joy (Baking Spray with Flour) To grease bundt pan.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Make sure all ingredients are room temperature. Leave on kitchen counter at least 30 minutes before using in recipe. Unsalted butter should be soft (not melted).
- In large mixing bowl, cream together softened butter (unsalted) and granulated sugar with a hand mixer on low speed.
- Mix in eggs one at a time.
- Add flour one cup at a time. Mix together just until combined with hand mixer on medium speed.
- Add 1/2 cup of 7Up, vanilla extract and lemon extract. Mix together with hand mixer on medium until evenly combined. Avoid overmixing.
- Set cake batter aside.
- Generously grease bottom, sides and bundt pan's tube with Baker's Joy Baking Spray with Flour.
- Pour in cake batter. Tap on counter. Smooth top with a spoon.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes. Since oven temperatures vary, adjust temperature as necessary.
- Cake is done when a butter knife or long wooden skewer inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely before inverting on plate. A cool cake will release smoothly from the pan.