Lettuce Tomato Salad
Lettuce Tomato Salad is a popular southern side dish tossed in a creamy mayo salad dressing, seasoned with salt and coarse ground black pepper. Recipe and photography by Beverly Davis for CornbreadMillionaire.com.
Servings: 2 servings
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce in medium size pieces Make sure lettuce is washed and dried with paper towels.
- 1 large red tomato, sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise salad dressing (chilled) Or use mayonnaise.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Or use your preferred amount.
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper Or use your preferred amount.
Place chopped (or torn) lettuce pieces and sliced tomatoes in a medium bowl. Set aside.
To make the dressing, combine "chilled" mayonnaise (or mayonnaise salad dressing), salt and coarse ground black pepper in a small bowl. Stir together until well combined.
Drizzle 1 tablespoon of dressing over lettuce and sliced tomatoes. Toss until well combined. Add more dressing if desired.