Baked Macaroni and White Cheddar Cheese
Baked Macaroni and White Cheddar Cheese is hearty comfort food. Easy to make with simple ingredients. Recipe and photography by Beverly Davis for CornbreadMillionaire.com.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 1-1/4 cup buttermilk I use whole cultured.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional) Add more or less if desired.
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (optional) Add more or less if desired.
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella/provolone cheese, shredded I used a packaged combination.
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1 teaspoon paprika for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Prepare elbow macaroni according to instructions printed on box. Simmer until al dente (easily pierced with a fork). Over cooking will create mushy macaroni. Avoid.
Drain macaroni. Pour drained macaroni into 9x13 buttered baking dish (I used a dutch oven). Add unsalted butter and stir until melted.
Stir in beaten egg, buttermilk and seasonings. Add shredded white cheddar cheese, shredded mozzarella/provolone cheese and shredded cheddar cheese (if using).
Stir until well combined.
baked for 15 to 17 minutes OR until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serve hot. Sprinkle with paprika before serving (optional).