Homemade Chicken Salad
This hearty homemade chicken salad is loaded with chicken, onions, boiled eggs, and sweet salad cubes in a creamy dressing. Recipe and photography by Beverly Davis for CornbreadMillionaire.com
Servings: 2 cups
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped dark or white meat Rotisserie or baked. I used dark meat.
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped Red, white or yellow onions.
- 2 large boiled eggs, chopped
- 2-1/2 tablespoons sweet salad cubes OR sweet relish
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery (optional)
- 2-1/2 tablespoons Miracle Whip or mayonnaise Add more or less.
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard Add more or less.
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika for garnish (optional) A light sprinkle adds pretty color.
- 6 each Ritz Crackers for garnish (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. If desired, add 1/4 cup (or more) of chopped apples, seedless grapes, raisins, pecans OR walnuts.
If desired, spread on toasted wheat bread. Add lovely color by sprinkling with paprika and ground black pepper (optional).
Add a delicious crunch by topping with Ritz Crackers (optional).
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 4kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 6mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 1mg