Chicken and Long Grain Wild Rice
Chicken and Long Grain Wild Rice is a delicious hearty main dish that's quick and easy to make with a few. Pairs well with a flaky crescent rolls. Recipe and photography by Beverly Davis for CornbreadMillionaire.com
Servings: 3 servings
- 1 box (6 ounces) Long Grain and Wild Rice
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken baked, boiled or rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more or less as preferred
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper optional
- 1 can (8 ounces) Pillsbury Crescent Rounds
Prepare Long Grain and Wild Rice according to instructions on the box. Cooked to desired tenderness. Watch closely to prevent burning. I simmer on low until rice is firm (not mushy).
While rice is simmering, bake Pillsbury Crescent Rounds according to instructions on the can.
While rice is simmering and rolls are baking, season chopped cooked chicken with salt as preferred and coarse ground black pepper (optional). Set aside.
When rice has cooked to desired tenderness, remove saucepan from heat. Stir in 1-1/2 cups of shredded cooked chicken.
Remove baked crescent rounds from oven.
Immediately serve Chicken and Long Grain Wild Rice with warm crescent rounds.