Green Sauce is a creamy condiment loaded with jalapeno, garlic and other delicious seasonings. Recipe and photography by Beverly Davis for CornbreadMillionaire.com.
Servings: 1 cups
- 1 clove garlic Use 3 cloves for an intense garlic flavor.
- 3 tablespoons extra vigin olive oil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or use Miracle Whip
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more or less as preferred
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper (optional) more or less as preferred
- 1 jalapeno seeds and ribs removed (keep if more heat is preferred)
- 1 bunch Italian parsley or cilantro, stems removed Use 2 bunches if more thickness is preferred.
Place all ingredients in blender.
Blend until satisfied with consistency.
Pour into a bowl. Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving. Sauce will slightly thicken while cooling.