My Millionaire Bologna Egg Sandwich contains crisp fried bologna and two large fried eggs sandwiched between a soft wheat hamburger bun.
This sandwich has been one of my favorite light meals for a very long time because it’s easy to make and very filling.
I never have to urge to snack after eating one sandwich… and that’s a good thing!
CLICK HERE TO PIN ON PINTEREST (UPDATED RECIPE).
Please check back later for the link.
EDITOR’S NOTE (July 4, 2022): I published this recipe for the first time two years ago on January 22, 2020.
Today, I added better looking photos, updated the recipe and the instructions.
Your comments are welcomed.
MY INSPIRATION FOR THE RECIPE & THE NAME
Back in January 2020, I was inspired to publish this recipe for the first time when I made one for lunch after a busy day of working on my blog.
The sandwich was soooo good! After finishing the last bite, I decided to create the recipe. The next day, I made another one and shot a few photos.
It’s a known fact that millions have loved bologna for decades.
With that in mind, I decided to add the recipe with a creative name.
I figured the name Millionaire Bologna Egg Sandwich would stir up curiosity and attract visitors to my blog. So far, it has done that.
Please share your thoughts in the comments section!
This recipe calls for two slices of bologna.
Remove the red ring from each slice before frying.
Gently place a small slit (1/4″) on the top and bottom, left and right sides of each slice of bologna.
The slits will make the bologna fry flat instead of forming a bowl shape.
FRY BOLOGNA TO YOUR LIKING
I like one slice golden brown and the other one crisp with burnt edges.
TWO FRIED EGGS
The recipe for Fried Eggs calls for two large eggs, one teaspoon of milk (or heavy whipping cream), salt and ground black pepper.
Fry to desired doneness in unsalted butter (or margarine) over medium heat.
HOW TO SHAPE TWO FRIED EGGS TO FIT A HAMBURGER BUN
While cooking, fold the eggs into a “square-like” shape to fit the bun.
To create the shape, allow eggs to fry until edges or firm.
First, fold from left to right. Then, fold from top to bottom.
Eggs will not be a perfect square, but they will be small enough to fit on a hamburger wheat bun.
Allow to cook until desired doneness. I prefer well-done as shown in the photo.
Consider the following add-ons: cheddar cheese, chopped onions, mayo or mustard. This sandwich is also delicious slathered with apricot jam, blackberry jam, grape jelly.
Calories and nutritional information not included with recipes on this site.
A popular online nutritional calculator is myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
Millionaire Bologna Egg Sandwich
Two Large Fried Eggs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon milk, whole or 2% Or use heavy whipping cream.
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter or margarine
Two Slices of Fried Bologna
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil Use to fry bologna.
- 2 slices bologna beef, chicken, pork, or turkey
- 1 each wheat hamburger bun Or preferred sandwich bread.
- mayo or mustard to slather on bread Or use your favorite jelly or jam.
Two Large Fried Eggs
- Break eggs open in a medium bowl. Discard shells. Add milk (or heavy whipping cream), salt and black pepper to taste. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon of unsalted butter or margarine in a medium skillet. Melt over medium heat. Use a spatula to spread melted butter all around the skillet.
- Pour in egg mixture. Cook over medium heat until edges turn white. Gently fold from left to right. Fold again... from top to bottom to form a "square-like" shape. Eggs will not be a perfect square, but they will be small enough to fit on a wheat hamburger bun (or preferred sandwich bread).
- Cook to desired doneness. Place cooked eggs in a plate.
Two Slices of Fried Bologna
- Rinse 2 slices of bologna. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Remove red ring from both slices.
- Gently cut a small slit on the top and bottom, left and right sides of each slice of bologna. See photo above. The slits will make the bologna fry flat instead of forming a bowl shape. Set aside.
- Use same skillet in which eggs were fried. Wipe clean with a dish cloth or thick paper towels.
- Pour in 1/2 teaspoon of vegetable oil. Use a spatula to spread oil all around the skillet.
- Place prepared bologna slices in skillet. Cook 1 minute (or until desired doneness) over medium heat. Flip and repeat.
- Drain bologna on paper towels.
- Assemble sandwich by placing one piece of fried bologna on bottom slice of a wheat hamburger bun. Top with fried egg, second slice of fried bologna and top of bun.
- If desired, slather with mayo, mustard or your favorite jam.
- Serve immediately.