Homemade Mini Egg Waffles are a pretty version of the classic scrambled (or fried) egg.
These small beauties are perfect for special occasion or any time you’re feeling creative.
Quick and easy to make with simple ingredients …and a mini waffle maker.
DISCLAIMER (NOT SPONSORED)
I used the pictured Mini Maker Waffle to make this delicious recipe. I have not been paid to endorse the product.
I combined the egg mixture in a tall cup because it’s very easy to pour onto the Mini Maker Waffle. If preferred, pour in 1/4 cup of egg mixture.
The Mini Egg Waffles are light and fluffy. The pretty design makes a lovely presentation.
Fantastic drizzled with buttery pancake syrup, honey or maple syrup.
How To Read & Follow A Recipe: Tips for Beginners
Reading a recipe is an important life skill that requires properly reading a recipe’s ingredients, and instructions. Plus, knowing how to prep ingredients and what equipment to use.
Start with clean hands and organized kitchen. Wash hands thoroughly. Make sure kitchen and countertops are clean before making a recipe.
Create a relaxing environment. Play favorite music while in the kitchen. I love listening to classical or gospel music.
Read the entire recipe so you understand it and to make sure you have each ingredient.
If you see ingredient that you and your family don’t use for whatever reason, use a substitute.
Watch Recipe Videos. If you’re a visual learner (like me), watching a video tutorial is a great way to see how a recipe is made.
Mise en place is a super time saver. This French cooking term translates as “putting in place.” It means prepping/measuring ingredients and chopping food before you start cooking.
Make notes in your recipe. Note any special prep instructions and highlight cooking times. Make note of ingredients omitted, favorite substitutions and creative twists. The notes will be very helpful the next time you make this recipe.
Each bite is goooood!
Homemade Mini Egg Waffles
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk whole or 2%
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper or white pepper more or less as preferred
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more or less as preferred
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- vegetable oil cooking spray to grease mini waffle maker
- honey, maple syrup or pancake syrup for drizzling
- Warm Mini Waffle Maker according to instructions printed on package.
- Use oven mitt or pot holder to open "hot" Mini Waffle Maker.
- Spray top and bottom with vegetable oil cooking spray. Grease warm Mini Waffle Maker
- While the gadget warms, crack eggs into a tall cup or medium bowl.
- Add milk, coarse ground black pepper (or white pepper) and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Stir in shredded cheddar cheese.
- Pour 1/4 cup of egg mixture into Mini Waffle Maker (measures about 4 inches). Close lid.
- Allow to cook 3 to 4 minutes OR until preferred doneness. If you prefer soft eggs, cook about 3 minutes.
- Carefully removed Mini Egg Waffle with a spatula or spoon. Be careful because it tears easily.
- Repeat until all mixture is used.
- Serve immediately.
- Drizzle with honey, maple syrup or pancake syrup. Also pairs well with apricot jam.