Cherry Pie Puff Pastry is a delicious dessert made by spooning warm cherry pie filling into baked puff pastry shells. Perfect for special occasions or anytime.
DISCLAIMER (NOT SPONSORED): I have not been paid to endorse any of the pictured products.
Delighted to share the ingredients I purchased and used to make this delicious dessert.
All comments are my own.
THE RECIPE’S INGREDIENTS
WHAT IS PUFF PASTRY?
Puff pastry is a light, buttery, flaky dough used in both sweet and savory dishes.
Excellent for appetizers, main dishes and desserts.
It contains only three ingredients: flour, butter, and salt. It rises without a leavening agent.
Although the French perfected the technique, puff pastry dough appears in recipes worldwide.
It is important to use the correct ingredients and the right pastry making techniques to make a good puff pastry.
Pastry flour is a popular ingredient because it doesn’t have bran (causes dark specks) and a high protein content.
The main ingredients are flour, water, salt, and fat.
Originating in France, puff pastry is called pâte feuilletée or feuilletage. It’s light, flaky and made by repeatedly layering pastry dough and butter.
A delicious example of flakiness, if everything is done right from start to finish.
Puff Pastry was invented in about 1645 by a French pastrycook’s apprentice named Claudius Gele. At the end of his apprenticeship, Claudius wanted to bake a delicious loaf of bread for his sick father. His dad was prescribed a diet consisting of water, flour and butter.
According to thekitchenproject.com, Claudius prepared a dough and packed butter into it. He kneaded the dough out on the table, folded it, repeated the procedure 10 times, and shaped it into a loaf.
Claudius and the pastrycook were amazed by the size and shape of the baked loaf.
Click link to read more interesting info.
Calories and nutritional information not included with recipes on this site.
A popular online nutritional calculator is myfitnesspal.com.
Copy recipe link in the address bar and add it to their calculator.
No need to type each ingredient.
Cherry Pie Puff Pastry
- 1 box Puff Pastry Shells with 6 ready-to-bake shells
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Bake puff pastries according to instructions on package. Oven must be preheated to 425 degrees. Adjust oven temp if necessary. I reduced to 400 degrees.
- Use cherry pie filing as or use my Buttery Cherry Pie Filling (see recipe Notes).
- After baking Puff Pastry Shells, cool on rack for 5 minutes. Gently remove tops with a knife. Fill shells with 2-3 tablespoons of cherry pie filling. Garnish "tops" and serve immediately.
- If making ahead, store cherry pie filling and baked Puff Pastry Shells in "separate" lidded containers. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Warm cold shells in microwave oven for 5 seconds on high (will stay crispy). Warm cherry pie filling in microwave for 5-10 seconds on high.
- Fill with warm cherry pie filling.. Serve immediately.